IGNORED

Edoardo Molinari Posts Slow Players List

iacas
Note: This thread is 1759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I applaud the NCAA. The big boy tour needs to follow this example and slam some penalty strokes on these assclowns.

GCLogo.png

Four players were penalized in the first 36 holes of the NCAA Championship...

Yeah. Instead these players are thinking they can’t wait to get to the PGA TOUR and not have to worry about being penalized.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm not 100% sure what time par means, but it was 5 hours, 5 minutes. I'm assuming that means if you play under 5 hours, 5 minutes, you don't get penalized. Honestly, if you're getting penalized for that, you are extremely slow.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator
8 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I'm not 100% sure what time par means, but it was 5 hours, 5 minutes. I'm assuming that means if you play under 5 hours, 5 minutes, you don't get penalized. Honestly, if you're getting penalized for that, you are extremely slow.

To be put on the clock usually requires two things:

• You have to be more than 14 minutes (or more, if time par is 5:05 - that is probably about 17 minutes behind) returning the flagstick to the hole behind the group in front of you.
  • You have to be over your time par for completing the hole.

If both are true, you're able to be put on the clock. If you're under your time par, and 20 minutes behind… then you're still fine, and the group in front of you is really racing around.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

40 seconds is a long time. If you can't hit a shot in that time, don't play golf. Really too bad he didn't get penalized.

• Like 1

-- Daniel

And we've had struggles the past three holes in a row, hazards and making bogeys and all that. Was that not factored in? 'Well, it's just 40 seconds, it is what it is.' Well, I don't agree with that.''

I don't always agree with speed limits on the roads, but I don't have a choice about following them.  Lots of players don't agree with the dorp rule, but they have to follow it.  Bryson can disagree all he wants, but the rules are going to apply to him.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

9 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I don't always agree with speed limits on the roads, but I don't have a choice about following them.  Lots of players don't agree with the dorp rule, but they have to follow it.  Bryson can disagree all he wants, but the rules are going to apply to him.

Dorp rule is dorpy.

Colin P.

"The time to hurry is in between shots,'' DeChambeau said after opening the tournament with a 74. "It's not over the shot. It's timing how people walk. You have to add that to the equation. If you've got somebody walking slow, and they get up to the shot and take their 20 seconds, what's the aggregate time for them to hit that shot between shots? That's what really matters. It's not the shot at hand.''

Since they don't have to walk offline much, they probably have to walk 8500 yards. At a brisk walking pace that would require 1.6 hours of walking. That leaves about 3 hours to hit golf shots and wait on other golfers. That leaves them 2.57 minutes per shot (70 strokes). There should be plenty of time for him to play ready golf. It's an absurd suggestion to think that his slow play is justified because he walks fast.

*I think the math is correct ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

10 hours ago, DeadMan said:

If you can't hit a shot in that time, don't play golf.

This is exactly what I thought when I read this.  I get that he wants to do all his calculations and whatnot.  He's a nerd (not a physicist or scientist because he doesn't actually have a physics degree or career, so that would be disrespectful to real scientists.  Don't even get me started on the boner golf digest has for him being a "scientist") and I can dig that, but dude you need to play within the rules.  Say you're a football coach and you've got your offensive coordinator sitting there on a laptop running statistical analysis programs in between plays with all your "variables" to try and determine what defensive scheme the other team may run.  Awesome, but don't complain when the clock starts killing you.

It's a game, not a science.  Not to mention I think one variable he's missing from his precious equations is etiquette and respect towards your playing partners.  If he really wants to use all the available data to his advantage, compile it and create a decision matrix//DOPE card/some kind of playbook that his caddy can whip out (if that's even legal), go through for 10 seconds and give him a shot/club to use.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are plenty of engineers/scientists/doctors out there listening to Bryson and thinking "chill out with your science stuff".

Edited by Foot Wedge
Added legality statement

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

"The time to hurry is in between shots,'' DeChambeau said after opening the tournament with a 74. "It's not over the shot. It's timing how people walk. You have to add that to the equation.

Yeah... it's how fast people walk to their ball, not how they stand there staring at their belly button while the other guys hit.

Earlier this year, DeChambeau was criticized for playing slowly on his way to winning the Dubai Desert Classic, at which a European Tour video showed the golfer taking air density into his calculations as part of his pre-shot routine.

Someone needs to explain to these guys that professional golf is part of the entertainment industry.  No one wants to watch The Hat factor in butterfly farts into his wind calculations.  If no one watches, there will be no tournaments.

• Like 1

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

6 hours ago, krupa said:

No one wants to watch The Hat factor in butterfly farts into his wind calculations.

That must be #6 (the secret)

bryson-dechambeau-black-board-memorial-m

Bryson DeChambeau, a five-time PGA Tour winner, shared his unusual pre-shot checklist ahead of this week's Memorial, where he'll be defending his title

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

17 hours ago, colin007 said:

Bryson DeChambeau is a tool.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2019%2F0412%2Fr528108_1

Bryson DeChambeau, who was issued a slow-play warning at Memorial on Thursday, said the amount of time it takes to walk in between shots should be considered before warnings are issued.

17 hours ago, DeadMan said:

40 seconds is a long time. If you can't hit a shot in that time, don't play golf. Really too bad he didn't get penalized.

I thought it was interesting that DeChambeau got a warning and Justin Rose didn't, because the announcers on PGA Tour Live said that after the group was put on the clock, Justin Rose took well over 60 seconds to hit a shot and they wondered out loud over the air why he didn't get a warning. 

If they are going to attempt to start enforcing slow play penalties, it needs to be enforced equally to everyone IMO.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

29 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

That must be #6 (the secret)

bryson-dechambeau-black-board-memorial-m

Bryson DeChambeau, a five-time PGA Tour winner, shared his unusual pre-shot checklist ahead of this week's Memorial, where he'll be defending his title

“People complain and call me slow, but I’m actually quick, relative to what I do,” he said, defending his inaction before his actions. “Think about that the next time you call me slow.”

Mr. DeChambeau, I've thought it over and you're still slow, you goober.  

1 minute ago, klineka said:

If they are going to attempt to start enforcing slow play penalties, it needs to be enforced equally to everyone IMO.

Agreed.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

14 hours ago, klineka said:

I thought it was interesting that DeChambeau got a warning and Justin Rose didn't, because the announcers on PGA Tour Live said that after the group was put on the clock, Justin Rose took well over 60 seconds to hit a shot and they wondered out loud over the air why he didn't get a warning. 

If I was a fast player and was taking less than 40 seconds, and another in my group was JB Holmes or BD, I would not want to be warned for their slow play. The rules officials who follow them and determine they are on the clock can observe to see who is the hold up. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7 hours ago, boogielicious said:

If I was a fast player and was taking less than 40 seconds, and another in my group was JB Holmes or BD, I would not want to be warned for their slow play. The rules officials who follow them and determine they are on the clock can observe to see who is the hold up. 

I agree with that, but if you are on the clock as a group, and you as a player take over 60 seconds on a shot, you should get warned as well, even if you weren't the reason the group was put on the clock in the first place.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• 4 weeks later...

Another website time some pros at the US Open:

Bryson-compass-crop.jpg

At the U.S. Open, Andy Johnson timed every shot hit by Bryson DeChambeau, Kevin Kisner, and Justin Thomas for nine holes, and these...

Here were the results (click on the link for explanation, but 1, 2, 3, refer to the order of play):

Pace-of-play-data.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

-- Daniel

Note: This thread is 1759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!