IGNORED

Extending Back to Standard

Hey Everyone,

This is a played out topic, but this case is a little different. Couple of years ago I cut my iron down .5 inches (half an inch). I thought I might like the control better. I didn't notice the swing weight change, but I am going to return them to standard. I did a lie test with a line on the golf ball, and they are a little upright. And I cant turn it over as well as I think I used too. I might just be mentally crazy. LOL. I did not do any weight adjustments, I just took the grips off and cut them down. I play forged Mizunos with XP 115 Stiff shafts. If I put extensions in to return them to normal, replacing the half in back, will I notice anything in shaft performance from the original standard? I know there might be a slight difference in weight in the butt of the shaft. Just wondering if I should re-shaft, or if extensions would play just as well.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, nccgolf80 said:

Hey Everyone,

This is a played out topic, but this case is a little different. Couple of years ago I cut my iron down .5 inches (half an inch). I thought I might like the control better. I didn't notice the swing weight change, but I am going to return them to standard. I did a lie test with a line on the golf ball, and they are a little upright. And I cant turn it over as well as I think I used too. I might just be mentally crazy. LOL. I did not do any weight adjustments, I just took the grips off and cut them down. I play forged Mizunos with XP 115 Stiff shafts. If I put extensions in to return them to normal, replacing the half in back, will I notice anything in shaft performance from the original standard? I know there might be a slight difference in weight in the butt of the shaft. Just wondering if I should re-shaft, or if extensions would play just as well.

Thanks!

You shouldn't notice much with a 1/2 inch. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You can buy extensions, for steel shafts, in steel, graphite, or aluminum.  None of them, once trimmed, add any significant weight to the butt end.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1/2 inch will offer little change other than the 3 swing weight points heavier. If you like the shafts you have, just extend them. I might recommend just doing a couple irons first and taking them out to the range to see if you are getting the results you were hoping for before doing the whole set.

• Thanks 1

• iacas changed the title to Extending Back to Standard

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.