Jump to content
Swooshgolf

Mid Round Boredom

14 posts / 940 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

I was listening to a podcast with Brooks Keopka and I would have to agree with him about the middle of a round can get boring. Does anyone else feel this way ?

GCLogo.png

With three majors under his belt, Brooks Koepka has become one of the game's more vocal players on Tour, and he was at it again this week on Barstool Sports' Pardon My Take podcast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Sure can get boring to watch on TV sometimes. Playing? Nah. I suppose I've never had the luxury of being so good at the game that my rounds get boring.

If he's bored he should hit the ball in the woods on purpose and play from compromising positions. That would surely be a change of pace 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Watching the featured groups play is eye opening for how slowly these assholes play sometimes. I watched Molinari stand in the middle of the fairway and watch Tiger clear people out of the way for ten minutes so he could hit. Why didn't he hit whilst Tiger was dealing with the crowd? Who cares about being away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Watching the featured groups play is eye opening for how slowly these assholes play sometimes. I watched Molinari stand in the middle of the fairway and watch Tiger clear people out of the way for ten minutes so he could hit. Why didn't he hit whilst Tiger was dealing with the crowd? Who cares about being away?

Hopefully his brother will call him out on it.

Edited by Vinsk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've only been bored when waiting forever behind a very show group.   I am just the opposite, when I finish on 18 or 9 it's like, what, wait, we're done? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I've only been bored when waiting forever behind a very show group.   I am just the opposite, when I finish on 18 or 9 it's like, what, wait, we're done? 

That's how it is for me but in the middle of the round, if I am playing bad I can just wont to be somewhere else until I start playing better at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

Watching the featured groups play is eye opening for how slowly these assholes play sometimes. I watched Molinari stand in the middle of the fairway and watch Tiger clear people out of the way for ten minutes so he could hit. Why didn't he hit whilst Tiger was dealing with the crowd? Who cares about being away?

For what it's worth, the TV commentators were saying they didn't want to hit because the crowd around Tiger was too loud - they were't paying attention to Koepka and Molinari, so the crowd didn't know to/wouldn't quiet down until after Tiger hit. 

Following that group on Thursday gave me a real appreciation for how difficult it can be to play alongside Tiger. There were plenty of times when Tiger wasn't the last one to his his drive or putt out, and the crowd was already moving on. There were definitely a few times where I was wondering how Molinari was able to concentrate when everyone was shuffling around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 5/18/2019 at 11:18 AM, billchao said:

Sure can get boring to watch on TV sometimes. Playing? Nah. I suppose I've never had the luxury of being so good at the game that my rounds get boring.

If he's bored he should hit the ball in the woods on purpose and play from compromising positions. That would surely be a change of pace 😜

You read my mind! i'm not good enough to get bored on a golf course! 

On 5/18/2019 at 11:25 AM, colin007 said:

Watching the featured groups play is eye opening for how slowly these assholes play sometimes. I watched Molinari stand in the middle of the fairway and watch Tiger clear people out of the way for ten minutes so he could hit. Why didn't he hit whilst Tiger was dealing with the crowd? Who cares about being away?

 

On 5/18/2019 at 1:17 PM, jamo said:

For what it's worth, the TV commentators were saying they didn't want to hit because the crowd around Tiger was too loud - they were't paying attention to Koepka and Molinari, so the crowd didn't know to/wouldn't quiet down until after Tiger hit. 

Following that group on Thursday gave me a real appreciation for how difficult it can be to play alongside Tiger. There were plenty of times when Tiger wasn't the last one to his his drive or putt out, and the crowd was already moving on. There were definitely a few times where I was wondering how Molinari was able to concentrate when everyone was shuffling around.

That's a good point. I remember reading an article about how Arnie would stay at the green after holing out, or mark his tap in and let everyone else finish before holing out, in order to keep the "thundering herd" at bay. And considering that Bethpage is in metro NYC, the fans are of another dimensions altogether! 

I've never heard so many people so in love with the sound of their own voice! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I sometimes get bored at work like Brooks does.  But at my hobbies such as golf?  No, not for a second.  That’s crazy talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have been frustrated by an extremely slow group in front of me, but I have never been good enough to get bored at any time playing golf.  I too get disappointed to see the round is almost over.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...