IGNORED

2019 U.S. Open

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 1735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Greller probably gave him an extra club both times, thinking that Spieth would mishit it. It's a solid bet, based on his iron play so far this year.

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, colin007 said:

I didn't see this live but here's an article. I can't stand Speef. He's such a little bitch.

gty-1155760918.jpg?w=640

Fans were not impressed with Jordan Spieth blaming his caddie.

I listened to it over and over again, I can't hear the word "you" no matter how hard I tried.  It could just as easily be "Two perfect shots, Michael.  It got me one in the ......."  or even just "got me one..."

He could as easily be saying he hit them both super pure and they flew farther than normal.  Sometimes players just talk about the shots they just hit.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

2 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

I listened to it over and over again, I can't hear the word "you" no matter how hard I tried.  It could just as easily be "Two perfect shots, Michael.  It got me one in the ......."  or even just "got me one..."

He could as easily be saying he hit them both super pure and they flew farther than normal.  Sometimes players just talk about the shots they just hit.

I actually thought the same thing when it happened. When I read the article, I figured I missed something. Maybe I’m getting old.

To me it sounds like he said "you got me".  When watching it live it definitely sounded like he was getting after his caddie.  

They must have been between clubs on both shots and he went with his caddie's advice.  

I didn't really find it out of line.  When your getting 10% of winnings, you aren't immune to a little blame.   

35 minutes ago, Zekez said:

Mother nature blows!  I want some sunshine on the course!

Expecting sunshine or warmth in California might be asking too much ;-) 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 hour ago, rehmwa said:

I think I can hear it pretty clearly right as the video clip goes from 25 to 26 seconds.

I'm generally a Spieth fan, but definitely not a fan of that.

42 minutes ago, Wallstreet said:

To me it sounds like he said "you got me".  When watching it live it definitely sounded like he was getting after his caddie.  

They must have been between clubs on both shots and he went with his caddie's advice.  

I didn't really find it out of line.  When your getting 10% of winnings, you aren't immune to a little blame.   

But Spieth is still the one hitting the shots... Even if he went with his caddie's advice it's still up to Spieth to execute it properly. The only thing I could see blaming the caddie for is if the caddie gave completely false information, like if it was 250 to the water and Greller told him it was only 230 or something then sure that's on Greller, but the player should always have the final say on what club to hit.

If they were between clubs and Greller said take the longer one, then it's on Spieth to know how much he needs to dial that club back some or it could go too far. 

Edited by klineka
  • Like 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

1 hour ago, rehmwa said:

I listened to it over and over again, I can't hear the word "you" no matter how hard I tried.

I got fancy noise-cancelling headphones and I think I heard "ya got me..".  it could just as easily be "it got me".  His head was down which makes it a little garbled.

Either way, I don't care. Personally, I don't think they should be listening for or broadcasting that stuff.  Let the people compete in one of the most prestigious golf tournaments in the world without having to worry about voicing some frustration and sending the Twitterverse into a tizzy.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

1 hour ago, Zekez said:

Mother nature blows!  I want some sunshine on the course!

I’d rather see 20-30mph winds.

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

37 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Me too.  People shouldn’t be shooting 66 day after day at the US Open 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I watched some of Thursday's round. Based on what I saw, I am hoping the course becomes tougher as the tournament moves on. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

People shouldn’t be shooting 66 day after day at the US Open 

Why not? What's wrong with that happening?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

9 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Tiger setting himself up for a solid T9 this week while J Rose is out for blood. 

We’ll see on Rose. Too many good players going out later today that can catch him. These conditions are ripe for Rory. Also think Schauffele is very dangerous this week.

Edited by ChrisP

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

While I agree with this, I'd rather see a course play like this when the conditions are like they are - rather than have the USGA kill the greens in order to have them play firmer and faster.
But when there are dozens of guys who can drive it 300+, then courses of this length become bomb and gouge events

Players play, tough players win!

35 minutes ago, klineka said:

Why not? What's wrong with that happening?

It's the US Open. As a viewer, I expect higher scores. It should be the tougher set up of the four majors. 

Plus I like hear about the players pissing, and moaning about tough, unfair set ups. It shows their worth. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 1735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!