IGNORED

2019 U.S. Open

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 1735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 hours ago, Chris223 said:

Heyyy now, I resent that.  BC Open is my home course in my hometown!  

I'm from Binghamton originally, live in Ithaca now. En-Joie is on my list of courses to play.

I saw all the tweets of those following Tiger Tracker on Twitter, so called fans of Tiger saying he's out of contention. He's at Even Par in the U.S. Open. Yes he's 9 strokes behind Woodland (great 65 by the way) but +1 was the highest Tiger could have shot today.

I think Tiger shoots 66 tomorrow and jumps up 25 spots. If he's within 3 or so going into to Sunday, he knows how to win a major from behind now... Just saying.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

I'm from Binghamton originally, live in Ithaca now. En-Joie is on my list of courses to play.

I saw all the tweets of those following Tiger Tracker on Twitter, so called fans of Tiger saying he's out of contention. He's at Even Par in the U.S. Open. Yes he's 9 strokes behind Woodland (great 65 by the way) but +1 was the highest Tiger could have shot today.

I think Tiger shoots 66 tomorrow and jumps up 25 spots. If he's within 3 or so going into to Sunday, he knows how to win a major from behind now... Just saying.

If he’s going to shoot 66, he needs to play the easier holes better. He’s not taking advantage of the par-5s and yesterday he didn’t take advantage of some of the easier holes on the front, like 4 and 7, let alone not birdieing the par 5s. Looks like the same weather today, so anything less than a 66 and he’s likely out of it.

Also glad to see Patrick Reed acting like Patrick Reed. Imagine following him and Jon Rahm around when they both have bad days.

190614-reed-club-snap-th.jpg

Patrick Reed was in danger of missing the cut, and butchering the 18th hole at Pebble Beach...

Edited by ChrisP

9 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Looks like the same weather today, so anything less than a 66 and he’s likely out of it.

It's likely he's already out of it even if he does shoot 66. It's not like everyone ahead of him is going to shoot above par.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

6 minutes ago, billchao said:

It's likely he's already out of it even if he does shoot 66. It's not like everyone ahead of him is going to shoot above par.

I bet Rory's 64-61 of last weekend would put the trophy in Tiger's hands this weekend.  Just saying it's possible, not probable.

29 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I bet Rory's 64-61 of last weekend would put the trophy in Tiger's hands this weekend.  Just saying it's possible, not probable.

The third round usually is Tiger’s round. When I think of his runs, they’re made on Saturday. The last time at Pebble he went low on Saturday. A lot of his Masters wins or contentions he’d make his moves on Saturday. Regular tournaments he’ll go after it on Saturdays. So we will see. But he has to start hot. And he needs some sun and breeze for the late guys.

65 today and I think Tiger is in the mix.....just feel that nobody is going to run away and Woodland comes back....I am going to predict -9 is leading going into tomorrow, which would put Tiger only 3 back with a 65 today.....stranger things have happened.......

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

What are the real tee times and leaderboard? The US Open app can’t be correct:

9E8C82B6-7D89-4D27-A291-71CC8D4983C9.thumb.jpeg.7000857a2285faf5d209da6c3de9cfa2.jpeg

046A4A77-705E-47F3-8B7F-A1D7A669C06E.thumb.jpeg.38e9327a439c95aff863b4902f6375a6.jpeg

Edited by Missouri Swede

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

18 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

What are the real tee times and leaderboard? The US Open app can’t be correct:

The (non-mobile) website had the leaderboard wrong after play yesterday, with Woodland being listed worst among those who made the cut.  Maybe the sorting was off or something. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Just saw Snedker and Cabrera-Bello tee off on #1.  When Brandt was on the tee first, the infographic showed the fairway bunker was 246 yards away.  Rafa stepped up and the bunker is now 247 from the tee.

Is anyone else disturbed by the thought of a mobile fairway bunker?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

2 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Just saw Snedker and Cabrera-Bello tee off on #1.  When Brandt was on the tee first, the infographic showed the fairway bunker was 246 yards away.  Rafa stepped up and the bunker is now 247 from the tee.

Is anyone else disturbed by the thought of a mobile fairway bunker?

Maybe Rafa was teeing off a yard behind the markers.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Also glad to see Patrick Reed acting like Patrick Reed. Imagine following him and Jon Rahm around when they both have bad days.

I am. I hate the robots. Show some emotion, good AND bad. I love it!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think they air amateur tournaments online somewhere if you want to see them more. Or check out different college events in your state. Then you can watch them in person.

Guys, a question.  It is now June and the end of summer in the northern hemisphere.  I would assume it is nice and warm.  Why are so many pros wearing sweaters.  Has the temperature already dropped so much or is the wind chill factor that high

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Note: This thread is 1735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!