IGNORED

2019 U.S. Open

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 1736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That would be a great final pair tomorrow. We shall see if Woodland can hold on or if Koepka can slide into the 2 slot by the end of today. 

:cobra: UL stand Bag
:ping: G425 Max
 :ping: hybrid G15 20 * 
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

:vokey:54*
:tmade: High Toe 58*

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport

:clicgear:

13 minutes ago, gbogey said:

If Woodland holds on to win, based upon his and Koepka winning majors, I’m going to start pumping iron on Monday. 

If Patrick Reed wins I'm going to start pumping my septic system on Monday.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Informative 1

23 hours ago, jamo said:

You could hear the iPhone default text chime as Phil was about to hit his 3rd just now on 18. One thing I've noticed going to a couple tournaments the past few years is how common that it. Lot of people don't bother to silence their f***ing phone.

I was at the Memorial a couple weeks ago and while JT, Rory and Spieth were on the green, some guys phone rang in front of me.  He answered it....and had a "quiet" conversation.  I get its 2019....but put your phone on silent!!!!!!  The blatant disregard for where he was boggled my mind.  

Edited by Wallstreet

2 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Nothing against Woodland or Rose, but a Koepka or McIlroy win would be big. Especially a Koepka win. However, that story on Woodland with the special ed girl makes me want to pull for him a little. Seems like a good guy. Good player, too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

32 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

When I think of best players with one major, DJ and Rose are the first to come to mind. Rose can change that tomorrow.

In my book, DJ has two majors.

Colin P.

Anybody but Justin Rose, please. 

(I dont have a good reason; he just rubs me the wrong way)

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator
8 hours ago, pganapathy said:

Guys, a question.  It is now June and the end of summer in the northern hemisphere.

???????

It’s not even the BEGINNING of summer.

Summer starts in six days.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, ChrisP said:

When I think of best players with one major, DJ and Rose are the first to come to mind. Rose can change that tomorrow.

Oosthaisen too. Definitely spelt that wrong.

5 hours ago, iacas said:

???????

It’s not even the BEGINNING of summer.

Summer starts in six days.

Ok.  I guess it is spring in America.  Here in India summer started in March or so.  It is really hot here even now, though the monsoon is setting in.  Usually end May to early June it starts though delayed by two weeks or so.

But the thing that surprises me is California has always been called a place of 360 days of sunshine and 5 days of rain a year and is supposed to be really warm, or does that only apply to Southern California

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

8 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Anybody but Justin Rose, please. 

(I dont have a good reason; he just rubs me the wrong way)

He rubs my small golf watching group the wrong way too. We call him “old pinch face” 

We have fun complaining about him in majors and normally root for someone else

2 hours ago, pganapathy said:

Ok.  I guess it is spring in America.  Here in India summer started in March or so.  It is really hot here even now, though the monsoon is setting in.  Usually end May to early June it starts though delayed by two weeks or so.

But the thing that surprises me is California has always been called a place of 360 days of sunshine and 5 days of rain a year and is supposed to be really warm, or does that only apply to Southern California

San Diego and LA are warmer and that is what most people think about for weather there. Up the coast to Monterey and San Fran, the ocean dictates the weather and temp. It can be 90 in Oakland and 60 and foggy in San Fran and they are just across the bay from each other. 

The ocean currents come down from Alaska, so the water is cold. When the wind is on shore, Pebble Beach is cold.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

18 hours ago, colin007 said:

Deep water off the coast right there cools the air significantly. 

And has a large effect on the break of the greens.😀

Edited by Vinsk
  • Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 6/15/2019 at 4:05 AM, leftybutnotPM said:

After 34 holes he had one hole worse than par - (a double). Then he bogied his 35th and 36th holes. What tournament are you watching?

The one where his game falls apart at key moments on any course that has narrow fairways and thick rough.

He's ranked as one of the worst players - near dead last - playing from the rough... and his driver is single figure handicap amateur level.  He's got other areas of game that are still world class, but on a US Open , PGA or The Open course, he has zero chance of competing with the top players.

Edited by Jay28

6 hours ago, Hazsa said:

Oosthaisen too. Definitely spelt that wrong.

I’d put Oosthuizen in the second tier of guys. The runner-up slam he has is impressive. But Rose and DJ are former number 1s with a lot of wins on Tour. The fact both only have one major is amazing given their resume.

Edited by ChrisP

4 minutes ago, Jay28 said:

and his driver is single figure handicap amateur level. 

Tiger is ranked 70th on the PGA Tour off the tee. He is better than average. Which is amazingly better than an amateur golfer. Keep your hyperbole to something a bit better. 

5 minutes ago, Jay28 said:

He's got other areas of game that are still world class, but on a US Open , PGA or The Open course, he has zero chance of competing with the top players.

I disagree. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

9 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Tiger is ranked 70th on the PGA Tour off the tee. He is better than average. Which is amazingly better than an amateur golfer. Keep your hyperbole to something a bit better. 

I disagree. 

70th.  Hmm, yeah, that's just perfect for someone looking to win majors and arranging his schedule around them.  That's also a tee shot ranking, not driver.  I've seen club players who miss it badly less often than Tiger with the driver.

Tiger has a massive miss in his game, which crops up at least twice a round.  There are few worse players than Tiger out of the rough.  For a pro, he's terrible. He can get away with it at Augusta, but he'll never even compete for a US Open, Open or US PGA again.  He only made the cut because of his putter in the first round.  It saved him from an 80.

Edited by Jay28

Note: This thread is 1736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!