IGNORED

what putter does tiger use

obsessedgolfer
Note: This thread is 5274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i wondered what putter he used because according to his website he says he uses a custom scotty cameron but i can clearly see n oddessy symbol on his putter when he is putting

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now he does use a custom Scotty, but in his early days he used a Ping, not sure what model, etc.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Newport 2 303 GSS with old school ping grip

here's what wikipedia says. don't believe everything you read on the internet...
The most notable player using a Scotty Cameron putter is Tiger Woods. He uses a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 made of 303 German Stainless Steel. 303 German Stainless Steel is a grade of stainless steel from Germany and Acushnet Corporation (Titleist's parent company) holds a Trademark (registration number 2930902) on the term GSS which denotes German Stainless Steel. Tiger's putter is 35.25", D7 swingweight and approximately 336 grams. It has a single sight dot and a red "cherry dot" on both the face and in the back cavity. The putter also has a blank sole and has "Tiger" on the left bumper and "Woods" on the right bumper although there have been variations with his initials also stamped on the face. Interestingly[citation needed], the grip on Tiger's putter is made by Ping. Tiger's putter is one of the most renowned putters in the world, and had it not been for Tiger Woods, Scotty Cameron putters may not be what they are today. Tiger has used a Scotty Cameron putter for all of his professional golf victories and his current putter (the one made from stainless steel) was first put into play in 2000. Other players to use these great putters are pros like Davis Love III. Who uses the rare Cameron & Co. 3 dot SSS newport beach. He has the length of 35.25 and the loft at 4.2 degrees other than the standard 4. Also Adam Scott using the Newport mid Slant GSS at 72 and 4 lie and loft.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

cant you guys see the oddessy symbol o his putter

No mate, It is the "Cherry dot" that you think is the odyssey symbol,he obviously uses Cameron. It is a custom.

Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

Right now he does use a custom Scotty, but in his early days he used a Ping, not sure what model, etc.

I am pretty sure he still has a Ping grip on that putter. It's a 'blackout' grip (i.e., the logo is black and hard to see).

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

• Administrator
I am pretty sure he still has a Ping grip on that putter. It's a 'blackout' grip (i.e., the logo is black and hard to see).

Yeah, he likes the feel of the Pingman grip and blacks out the label to satisfy Nike. Scotty installs the grips when he builds Tiger's putter(s). Tiger's been through a few different actual putters, but they're all identical. Scotty will make him three or four at a time, though, every three or four years.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It must be so nice being that good having people just making clubs for you. I wish someone would make clubs for me

In my Vector bag:
9* Hyper X stiff
Coming soon 13* or 15* 906F2
18* 906F2 Stiff Proforce V2-85
3-PW r7 TP steel stiff flex 2* upright52* Vokey Wedge56*08, 60*04 Vokey Spin Milled wedges Rossa Classic Series AGSI+ Daytona 1 Putter Ball: One+Platinum

Yeah, he likes the feel of the Pingman grip and blacks out the label to satisfy Nike. Scotty installs the grips when he builds Tiger's putter(s). Tiger's been through a few different actual putters, but they're all identical. Scotty will make him three or four at a time, though, every three or four years.

The "without white" Pingman grip is readily available for sale in a bin at Martin's PGA Superstore in Myrtle Beach.

Just to clarify "he blacks out". Not to nitpick, of course.

This most closely resembles the putter he uses:

edit: confirmed by http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...0&select;=11111

In The Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°, Fujikura RE*AX 65g Stiff
Hybrid: CLK 17°, Exsar HS2 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60, Project X 6.0, 3i / MP-32, Project X 6.0, 4i-PWWedges: MP-T Black Ni, 51.06 / 56.13 / 60.08Putter: Studio Style Newport 2, 34" / 340gBall: e5+

OP is not crazy. Tiger did actually play one round with an Odyssey Black Series #1, I think. I'm not positive which model it was but I'm certain he had an Odyssey Anser style putter in his hands for one round.

And, of course, only one round. It wasn't a Newport 2 Studio Stainless.
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

I am almost 100% certain that Tiger uses a custom Scotty Cameron, German Stainless Steel, Newport 2 with Cherry dots on the heel and cavity and a Black Out Ping Grip.

I seriously doubt that he used an Odyssey or any other putter for that matter during a round. Why would one of the greatest putters ever switch to another putter, something he hasn't done in years.

909D-Comp
909F-2
585H Hybrids
755 Irons
Vokey Wedges 2-Ball F7 B330S

You're right, he does use a Newport 2 Studio Stainless (it's actually not a Studio Stainless, but a Tour model that looks the same, but anyway. . .) almost all the time. But I am absolutely certain that he used an Odyssey putter for at least one putt because I was watching the live shot and I freaked out, like the OP did, when I saw it. The view was close-up and it was very clear to me - and I own a Newport Studio Stainless - that he was not holding his usual putter.

I have no idea why , of course. Maybe he left it out of the bag on accident? Stevie screwed up? He thought it was a cool putter over by the tour bags? Who knows. It sure didn't last long.
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

I'm intrigued by this one putt/round/day/whatever Tiger used a Black Series putter. I know you guys are certain but I find that hard to believe. When did he use it? Was it during a tournament (Match Play?) round or was it a practice round? Or was it on the practice green?

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I'm intrigued by this one putt/round/day/whatever Tiger used a Black Series putter. I know you guys are certain but I find that hard to believe. When did he use it? Was it during a tournament (Match Play?) round or was it a practice round? Or was it on the practice green?

I also find it had to believe that he used something besides his trusty Cameron during a round. Maybe on the practice green, but I could be wrong.

909D-Comp
909F-2
585H Hybrids
755 Irons
Vokey Wedges 2-Ball F7 B330S

Note: This thread is 5274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!