• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • Generally, I'll look to see where the better miss is. Long or short. If it's better to miss long, hit the longer club. If it's better to miss short, hit the shorter club.  If for some reason, the only play is to attack the pin, I'll hit a "three quarter" shot with the longer club.  Of course at my handicap, I rarely end up actually executing any of those options properly.   But that's my mindset.
    • Just curious about what y’all do when in this situation. I’ll give an example on what I would do. Let’s say I’m 150 yards from the pin. For me, that’s right smack in the middle of my 8I distance (145 yards) and my 7I distance (155 yards). When I hit the longer club, I tend to catch it fat. Solid contact will only happen probably three times out of ten. When I swing harder, I’ll make solid contact probably nine times out of ten.
    • Your last post sounds like maybe your dealing with depression? Is there something else in your life that is affecting your golf? I too have really been fighting my golf game. I am nowhere near as good as your bad game. I play Ping irons and convinced myself that it was being caused by the wrong lie angles. I went to see a Professional and he shortened my irons by an inch. I hit the ball better for a day or two, then I was back to bad. I had convinced myself that the -1” was a mistake. A week ago I bought a new/used set of irons in standard length and lie angle. I took them to the practice course a couple days latter. I could not get a ball airborne with anything longer than a 9 iron. I hit about 45 grounders, packed up the clubs and took them home. I made the decision to not try to play golf again until my body stops hurting. I hooked up my boat and went fishing. My problem is, if I take lessons I can’t practice with my body hurting like it Is, so why waste the money. I do share your frustration and sadness though, as I really love to play golf. I wish you the best and if you figure it out please post the cure on here. On the bright side though, I now have a set of Pings and a set of Titleist to look at.
    • Day 13:  Played 18 holes today.  Had a very average day scoring, but had a good day in terms of ball striking.  All day, I only had one true mishit, and just a couple more less than great strikes.  But a huge improvement for me.  Also, this might be the first 18 holes ive ever played without losing a ball.  That might not be true, but certainly in recent memory it is.  Just keeping the ball in play is huge.  Problem is, just because it was in play, doesn't necessarily mean it went where it needed to go.  Most of the time it was close enough, but 3 or 4 "close enough" shots on a hole, is a bogey or double bogey.  And I don't have the short game or lag putting needed to make up all those partial strokes.  Not complaining, I've literally spent zero days working on chipping and lag putting.  Just being realistic about where my game is currently.  Pleased with today's effort.  Consistency breeds confidence.  If I can start turning those double bogeys into bogeys, and some of the bogeys into pars, I'm going to be right where I want to be by the end of the year.   View this round on GAME GOLF  
    • I've been on a steady downward slide for 12 years. Every year I'm worse than the year before. My short game is better than it's been in years, but my ballstriking is worse, and I'm shorter by about two-three clubs.  I won my flight in my club championship 12 years ago and quit playing any events at all. I barely played for about nine years or so. I played about 3 times per month in June, July and August, not much else at all. Nothing in winter.I started again two years ago working with a local pro who is helping me build a new swing. It took a long time to begin to get my backswing where we want it, and since June have been working on transition through impact. I recently jumped on a Flightscope and found my driver swing has about the same clubhead speed my 9 iron had in 2015! I think a part of this is my concentration on putting the club into specific positions, especially on the backswing and transition. I'm still ingraining the changes. Oh and another minor thing, in those 12 years, I've also aged from 54 to 66. I suspect aging is involved 🙂 I recently purchased Super Speed sticks and I'll see if I can recapture anything. Getting old sucks!  
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Cantankerish
      Cantankerish
      (46 years old)
    2. Dimes44
      Dimes44
      (37 years old)
    3. Donald Belcher
      Donald Belcher
      (84 years old)
    4. jimnm
      jimnm
      (41 years old)
    5. Zachase715
      Zachase715
      (28 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...