Sign in to follow this  
obsessedgolfer

do your fairway woods match your driver

Note: This thread is 4351 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

18 posts / 7877 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

The only important thing to match is whatever clubs you hit the best, I wouldn't focus so much on pairing up manufacturers. Demo clubs and find the ones you hit best, and go with those

I agree with Reesh. Demo all day long and find out what you hit the best. Some of the pro don't even play all of their sponsors clubs (hidden by sponsors head cover of course). My new set is all over the board. I went with TM for driver, Sonartec for 3W/hybrid, Mizuno irons/wedges, and SC putter. Everything feels great and I don't look like a belong to a sponsor. Makes me wonder if someone is really getting the best clubs for themselves when they only carry one manufacturer in bag.

;) of course I would have the same grips on all of them (putter excluded)

Ya i like mixing it up alot. If you really are into looks i think different makes or brands looks better.

i use a ping driver but was wondering if i should buy tm fairway woods because of the price or should i spend a few more bucks and get a matching wood set

My 3-Wood matches my driver, but that's because I liked my 3-wood so much that, when I realized I needed more loft on my driver, I bought the matching driver. It didn't hurt that I had their hybrids and loved those too.

My 5-Wood matches my irons. I bought it when I bought my irons, even.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

People often have matching fairways and drivers because the manufacturer has a similar feel that they like throughout. Mine don't match because I thought the TM driver felt better.

Its all how it feels to you.

play what feels best...

One nice thing about playing different brands is you have more hats and visors to choose from.

i have them matching - had the 3 wood before I had the driver.

It's whatever you hit best - I don't even like the look of the Burner driver but i'll be ordering one shortly! I'll get over the looks when i hit fairways. And the fairway wood will probably follow suit because it's the easiest thing to hit!

If it didn't match I wouldnt be bothered.

Fairways and Greens - that's what it's about.

Play whatever works best for you! My fairway and driver are different brands. I think the driver is the most changed club in a golfers bag (maybe the putter?). We are always looking to hit the ball longer and hit more fairways. I know I am on my 3rd driver since I bought my fairway.

If you look at the "What's in the Bag" section of Golf and Golf Digest you will see the Pros often use a different brand of fairway. Lots of comments about how much they love their "old reliable" 3 wood.

My driver and 3-wood are the same model (HiBore) with the same shaft and same grip, and my hybrid is a steel-shafted Halo, also with the same grip (all of my clubs, even wedges, have the same grip). It gives me some sense of confidence to see a similar club (shape, color, etc...) for all of my long shots.

Nope, brands don’t match, neither does construction.

Driver: “Solid” graphite/kevlar head / graphite shaft.

3-Wood: Stainless steel head / graphite shaft.

5-Wood: Persimmon head / steel shaft.

They’re comfortable, consistent and gapped nicely as a group. With confidence like that, I could give a fig if they look alike…

TaylorMade driver, Titleist 3 wood.

Although I'm longer with the Burner 3 wood than the 906F2, I'd sooner give up my little toe than my current 3 wood.

Mine don't match. I have not had an all matching set since my first Northwestern set when I was 12. I would buy a matching set if I liked all the clubs and the price was right. Usually though I am in only in the market for one club at a time.

i have them matching - had the 3 wood before I had the driver.

i totally agree. anything that works.

the majority of pros use different producer's clubs.

Note: This thread is 4351 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!