Waddaplaya

Ping G410 Head and Shaft Question

8 posts / 1801 viewsLast Reply

Hello all... 

I recently tried out the Ping G410 Plus Driver from Global Golf's UTRY program. It is the most forgiving driver I have ever hit by far. I am interested in acquiring one. I see that you can buy the heads separate from the shafts new on ebay. My question is this: If I bought just the head on Ebay does the shaft that I put onto it come with the hosel? I want to buy the head and then take it to a local fitter and have them fit me into the proper shaft. I just didn't know whether the head / hosel / shaft were all separate things or which comes with what.

1 hour ago, Waddaplaya said:

Hello all... 

I recently tried out the Ping G410 Plus Driver from Global Golf's UTRY program. It is the most forgiving driver I have ever hit by far. I am interested in acquiring one. I see that you can buy the heads separate from the shafts new on ebay. My question is this: If I bought just the head on Ebay does the shaft that I put onto it come with the hosel? I want to buy the head and then take it to a local fitter and have them fit me into the proper shaft. I just didn't know whether the head / hosel / shaft were all separate things or which comes with what.

When it comes to eBay it's the wild west. You just have to read the description really closely and hope that you're not buying a fake. Usually sellers will make it pretty obvious whether the hosel adapter is included and of course you can alway send them a question about it.

Right but I guess my question is that are they all three different items that could potentially come separately (the head / hosel / shaft). I have never switched shafts on a club before so I don't know much about it. 

18 minutes ago, Waddaplaya said:

Right but I guess my question is that are they all three different items that could potentially come separately (the head / hosel / shaft). I have never switched shafts on a club before so I don't know much about it. 

Really depends on who is selling it. OEMs don't usually like to sell the heads by themselves, so I can't say how it will come. If you bought it from Ping they would be selling the whole club (head, adapter, and shaft). At best you might be able to get it without the grip on. Again you have to be careful who you buy from, but you can find every combination on eBay, heads with adapter included or not, shafts with adapters, pre cut and gripped, or just raw shafts. Did I answer your question?

Yea I think so. I would imagine this is just the head only and nothing else. So I imagine if I brought just a head into some place like club champion I’m assuming they would have the adaptors along with the shafts. 

They will, most likely will charge you $30-$40 for the adapter which is expensive but pretty much all the adapters are needlessly expensive no matter where you buy them. I would stay away from the generic adapters you might see on eBay or Amazon. Hear a lot of issues with them.

Ok I gotcha. It seems like it may not even be worth it buying the head separately. I thought if I got the head for 330 and the full price is normally 500 I’d be able to make a better deal but it looks like one of the shafts that come with the driver with no up charge when sold separately is 200 by itself. So right there it would already be cheaper to just get the driver with the shaft. 

You might just want to go and do a fitting before and see what shaft comes out on top. Then you can either go with whatever shaft works "best" if it's aftermarket or find the most similar to it from the stock options as a more economical option.