lostitleft

Updating GPS For a Moving Green

8 posts / 503 viewsLast Reply

My home course is moving a green. I've asked the pro what steps he has to take to get the GPS reading to be accurate for the new green and he has no idea. Anybody know the process or resources I can have him contact?

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

54 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

But things like Game Golf will have to remap it, won’t they?

Yup... I had to contact Golf Logix a few years ago when a course in the Poconos revamped 3 holes. He couldn't figure out what I was talking about, so I had to send him a capture of google earth with notations on what was where and where things were. they had it fixed in a few weeks. It would probably depend on when they can send someone out to re-track it. Some of the early ones just used Google Earth for info. The big boys use actual GPS backpacks.

2 hours ago, lostitleft said:

My home course is moving a green. I've asked the pro what steps he has to take to get the GPS reading to be accurate for the new green and he has no idea. Anybody know the process or resources I can have him contact?

movable like a floating green (I've seen that, I think in Idaho), or is there another type of movable green?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good call on customer service. I was looking for a more global solution but it will probably be product by product. Garmin has a page where you can report a course renovation. Bushnell doesn't that I can see.

Helpful solution guys! Thanks!

25 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

movable like a floating green (I've seen that, I think in Idaho), or is there another type of movable green?

Never mind - I didn't read that very well - I would downvote myself if allowed

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades