IGNORED

In Between Clubs

Note: This thread is 1755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, p1n9183 said:

He clearly said that a normal 7 Iron could be long of the green, that´s the reason he wants to hit it 5 yards shorter. A good shot or flyer will be long, you avoid both scenarios with and 8 Iron. And with a flyer or good shot with the 8 Iron your ball will land close to the ping.

I didn't want to over complicate the scenario, but the issue was that my very very best 8i was likely going to be 2 yards short, which doesn't sound bad, except the way the hill/top shelf works on this green it was going to be at least 30 feet if not 50 feet down the hill.  The hole is brutal if you aren't on the right level.

1 hour ago, hoselpalooza said:

and what was the result?

#1 - took 3/4 8i but didn't make great contact so I barely cleared the hazard and rolled 30 feet past the hole.  Made a difficult 2 putt down a fast hill.

#2 - Hit a 7i cut, again partly to avoid trees and partly to get to right side of green.  Ball landed on green on top shelf 20 feet past hole - maybe a foot from being off the green - a really nice shot even if I say so myself.  Unfortunately blew the birdie part a little too hard - 3 putt bogey.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!