Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Has he won yet?

No and he probably won’t. 

Still a bizarre choice as someone to single out in their own thread as being overrated with there being many other more deserving names to mention in that category. 

I would wager on him winning a major long before Rickie. 

• Like 1

• Administrator
7 hours ago, skydog said:

Fleetwood must be a TST reader. 

Good call Phil.

What’s he won?

Also Rickie AND Fleetwood can both be overrated.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, iacas said:

What’s he won?

About $14 Million so far . Really over rated golfer .  lol .  (Im banking on this thread coming to an abrupt end in about 8 hours )😉

Overrated? Don’t know, don’t care. I’d like to see him win because I like his demeanor and his hair is glorious.

• Like 1
my get up and go musta got up and went..

4 hours ago, dogburger said:

About $14 Million so far . Really over rated golfer .  lol .  (Im banking on this thread coming to an abrupt end in about 8 hours )😉

Tommy has no chance. And money means nothing really as far as ‘rating’ goes. Charles Howell has won a boatload of money but nobody talks about him much. Come on...it’s sports. Second place or less isn’t the goal.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

39 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

One thing I know for sure...that shirt he’s wearing is overrated. He needs to burn that thing.

It ranks up there with the ‘99 US Ryder Cup shirts. 

2 hours ago, skydog said:

It ranks up there with the ‘99 US Ryder Cup shirts. 

Sadly, it’s not as bad as those were...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator

Tommy guarantees his overrated status will continue.

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Tommy guarantees his overrated status will continue.

How's that?  He just finished 2nd in another major.

Seems to me his stock went up this week.

Most people I know and what hear from pro's when discussing him on TV rate him as an excellent player who will likely win a major at some point in the future. Coming 2nd again hardly diminshes that view.

It's usually Americans who call non American players over rated - ironically because they tend to over rate American PGA Tour players.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Jay28 said:

Seems to me his stock went up this week.

Most people I know and what hear from pro's when discussing him on TV rate him as an excellent player who will likely win a major at some point in the future. Coming 2nd again hardly diminshes that view.

It's usually Americans who call non American players over rated - ironically because they tend to over rate American PGA Tour players.

Still hasn’t won. More likely these are his hot three or four years and he’ll fade away soon.

Most players only get so many chances.

The European Tour is a weaker tour so his results there don’t mean what you might think they do.

30 minutes ago, Jay28 said:

Fowler has his fair share of runners-up. Yet many say Fowler is the most overrated of all. Runners-up get you nothing but some good WGR points.

I think Tommy’s a solid player. I think people prop him up a bit too much for a player who hasn’t won anything yet, but he has lots of time to change that. But it won’t be easy with the field getting stronger.

You talked bad about a golfer I like now i’m going to hurl personal insults at you because my feelings are hurt!!!! 

No, but seriously. Even with today’s finish removed I don’t think he was ever “overrated.” But definitely “overhyped.” His WGR was fair, but too many people would talk non stop about his ballstriking and ability to work the ball but he’s a professional.. I’d hope those things are good... 

Lets be honest here , Links golf is the only true test of golf in the game . Its why the winner of The Open is called the Champion golfer of the year . There are very few who rise to the challenge of links preferring the easier target golf found in the US where we find many over rated players  who cant cut it on a real golf course . FFS  you must rate the guy very highly if you think he is over rated .