Wally Fairway

Mr. 57 (remember the name Alex Ross)

13 posts / 1331 viewsLast Reply

Something called the Dogwood Invitational, looks like a bunch of college aged kids. Played at Druid Hills GC in Atlanta. Prior winners of the Dogwood include Webb Simpson & Brian Harman.

Davidson junior Alex Ross shoots a 57 in the third round, after shooting 75,73 the first 2 days.

alex-ross-davidson.jpg

Alex Ross' career collegiate best round was a 67, but on Thursday at Druid Hills Golf Club he made 13 birdies and an eagle for a 15-under 57

Alex's 57 puts him in T9 heading into today's fourth round

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I remember my first time breaking 60.  I was so nervous going to the second nine after that great score.

Seriously, nicely done.  I wonder how many great rounds came out of college golf from players who don't make it to the professional tour.

That's a phenomenal score (to say the least) and it shows his potential.  At the same time, that, in itself, doesn't augur a professional career.

Great score. Kudos to him. Given his score the first two days, though, it could just be a great day and nothing more. He’ll prolly make some $$$ on the web.com.

10 hours ago, Shindig said:

I remember my first time breaking 60.  I was so nervous going to the second nine after that great score.

Seriously, nicely done.  I wonder how many great rounds came out of college golf from players who don't make it to the professional tour.

😄

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

I'm not sure I've shot 57 on a video game. That scorecard is incredible. 27 on the back 9? God damn.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I have.  I picked up Tiger Woods 2012: The Masters again recently.

Great score. Unfortunately that’s most likely the last we’ll hear of him.

ESPN has an article detailing Ross shooting his 57

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2019%2F0626%2Fr561669_2

In his own words, Davidson's Alex Ross describes the swings and thoughts on a day when he did the unthinkable -- shot 57 at an amateur event in...

Edited by iacas
please don't post entire articles.