19 posts / 18451 viewsLast Reply

Has anyone tried this new ball? I saw an ad for a free sleeve. I started the process, but pulled up when they asked for my credit card to pay for shipping. Although it was only $1.00, I'm skeptical of "free offers" that require one to pay for shipping. There are so many scams out there now. I never volunteer my credit card info unless I know the seller.

Anyway the ad has all the usual claims that the Calcutta is the longest, greatest ball ever. While I doubt these claims I am curious. I tried the Snell ball and it was pretty good. Also, I've read great reviews of the Kirkland ball from Costco and the Vice ball. I've been a Pro-V-1 player for years, but I'm always open to change.

Is it a subscription service? Typically that is how they “get you”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't know about a subscription, but I remember Warrior Golf. I had a friend that was sucked into that a few years ago. I'm assuming the Calcutta balls are legit. Like I said, I'm just curious. However, not curious enough to give them my credit card. Most reputable companies will cover the freight when offering a "freebie". Lamkin had a free grip offer a few months ago and they mailed me my grip totally at their expense. I'm guessing this is maybe a "start up" company following the lead of Snell, Vice and Cut. 

I used it on a Par 5 today and was on the back fringe in two!  I bit for the sleeve and then canceled everything after I got the balls.

I bit on the deal, and yes you must cxl the subscription or get popped for $50/mon.
Played 3 holes with it yesterday, and the ball is HOT. On par4, hit 3h over 250y, left me 105 uphill. Flew the pin with 52deg. Putting is solid, and not clicky. Par3 hit a PW 155y, slight downhill. Spun back about 4ft. Par5 drive wasn't great due to rain, but still flew it 275y. Solid feel, and not clicky. 4h close, had 40y to green. Spun 60deg to 3ft. (pitch mark was about 10ft past hole).
Cover still looks good, need to do some sand shots to see durability. I like the feel, similar to Z-Star/TP5/ProV1

I am glad i took the time to read everyones post! The Calcutta Ball ads are all over my facebook feed!! 

9 hours ago, JG1969 said:

I bit on the deal, and yes you must cxl the subscription or get popped for $50/mon.
Played 3 holes with it yesterday, and the ball is HOT. On par4, hit 3h over 250y, left me 105 uphill. Flew the pin with 52deg. Putting is solid, and not clicky. Par3 hit a PW 155y, slight downhill. Spun back about 4ft. Par5 drive wasn't great due to rain, but still flew it 275y. Solid feel, and not clicky. 4h close, had 40y to green. Spun 60deg to 3ft. (pitch mark was about 10ft past hole).
Cover still looks good, need to do some sand shots to see durability. I like the feel, similar to Z-Star/TP5/ProV1

1 post.  Are you a plant?

26 minutes ago, iacas said:

He just signed up today. Sheesh. Let's wait a little before we get too cynical, eh? 🙂

Me? Cynical?  😊  As a marketing/advertising guy myself he just seemed a bit too supportive of the ball, in a clever way, mind you.  But sure, I'll give him a chance.

20 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Me? Cynical?  😊  As a marketing/advertising guy myself he just seemed a bit too supportive of the ball, in a clever way, mind you.  But sure, I'll give him a chance.

This from another website, if it's allowed:  "Don’t do it. Take it from a sucker who ordered two sleeves. No feedback on the golf balls themselves, but the promo automatically  signs you up for a $49.99 monthly subscription to swingbits. They then charge you $1.99 to cancel. Scam."  Another dozen or so posts followed the same theme.  This is not to say JG1969's post isn't authentic.  JG1969, can you weigh in on this?  Just posting this as a service to our TST golf community.  Let the buyer beware.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

I made the mistake of ordering BEFORE reading the rest of the posts. When I found out they signed me up for a subscription I immediately canceled.

how  do you cancel subscription?  Have gone to the website and cant find associate dashboard.when I try to log in it says my email address and password is invalid.is it better to just call them?

On 6/8/2019 at 9:00 AM, Hoganman1 said:

Has anyone tried this new ball? I saw an ad for a free sleeve. I started the process, but pulled up when they asked for my credit card to pay for shipping. Although it was only $1.00, I'm skeptical of "free offers" that require one to pay for shipping. There are so many scams out there now. I never volunteer my credit card info unless I know the seller.

Anyway the ad has all the usual claims that the Calcutta is the longest, greatest ball ever. While I doubt these claims I am curious. I tried the Snell ball and it was pretty good. Also, I've read great reviews of the Kirkland ball from Costco and the Vice ball. I've been a Pro-V-1 player for years, but I'm always open to change.

I paid the dollar, got my sleeve & love the ball. I typically hit prov1×, tp5x or Volvik vivids.

Signed up for the free sleeve, paid $1.00 shipping. Just looked at my bank statement before seeing numerous posts warning about this scam to find a $49.99 charge from Swingbits. Curious sbout what that charge was I called them only to learn that in the fine print of the free sleeve offer, you are signing up for a monthly subscription that continues unless cancelled within 7 days. They want the golf balls back if cancelled and offered a refund of 30% at first, after more bitching on my part they offered 50% refund. I bitched loud and long enough that they then finally offered me 100% refund and told me to keep the balls. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM!! BUYER BEWARE.....Numerous complaints about Swingbits scsm on Better Business Bureau website.