IGNORED

Golf Glove Poll

Note: This thread is 1621 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When to wear a golf glove?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. How to do you use your golf glove?

• I never wear a golf glove.
    • I only wear the golf glove when hitting driver; I take it off the rest of the time.
    • I only wear the golf glove when hitting driver and "metal woods"; I take it off the rest of the time.
    • I wear my golf glove on all full shots, but take it off around the green.
    • I wear my golf glove for every shot, except when putting
    • I put my glove on at the start of the round and take it off after the round; I wear it all the time, full shots, short game putting, everything.
    • I wear two golf gloves

6 hours ago, Shindig said:

I'm avoiding answering the poll for a reason.

I generally use a glove for all shots other than putting.  If you asked this poll three weeks ago, that'd have been my answer.

However, last week I installed a Pure Grip on my 50-degree wedge and on 6-iron.  I have hit a few shots at the range with each (and chipping area, for the 50-degree) and I now understand better how some people can play without a glove.  I never got that feeling that I could hit a good shot without a glove, even with brand new Lamkin or Golf Pride grips.  

On the other hand, I don't know how long this will last.  I'm going to give it a try once I install the grips onto more of my clubs.

The other issue for me is my hands.  The back of my right hand (I wear a glove on my left) gets a nice red hue after every round.  I wear solar sleeves on my arms and either long pants or sunscreen on my legs.  I don't know what I can do for my hand, especially since I wash my hands during a round so much and it'd wear off, wouldn't it?  Topic for another thread I guess.  One of my friends does wear two gloves, not for swing purposes but for sun protection.

PURE grips FTMFW

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like the feel of no glove for anything inside of 80 which is about as far as I comfortably hit a 56 degree wedge so obviously my vote is for glove on full shots. I find myself taking my glove off after my drive and putting it back on before my 2nd shot on a lot of holes. May be that I have made the mistake of picking up my drink after a drive with my glove hand and getting my glove wet in the past. I don’t even realize I’m doing it sometimes until I’m getting my yardage for my next shot and realize it is in my back pocket.

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

A buddy of mine gave me some golf stuff for Christmas including a glove.  What I ended up doing was taking it off to putt and then forgetting to put it back on. If it's that memorable, I don't need to be spending money on it.

• Like 2

Same here @mcanadiens.  All the glove did was ride around in my back right pocket.  It didn't take too much mental energy to conclude that I didn't like wearing them.

• Like 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

I usually where it for full shots and remove it around the green, but lately I have not been wearing one at all.  I'll probably go back to wearing it most of the time, but do like the feel of not wearing one if my hands are not sweating.

Gus
---------------

I wear two compression gloves for every shot.  Once I put them on to start a round I leave them on until I am done.  If I take them off I cannot get them back on.

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Since getting Pure grips years ago I've never used a glove. Less hassle, money saved. Never had problems with the grip. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I wear two gloves, as the one in my right hand makes up for a condition that does not allow the small finger on that had to open up enough to fully get into a grip on the club.  I tend to leave them off for the full round, again as arthritis makes taking them on and off all the time a bit of a pain.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

I generally wear my glove the whole time.  However, I do occasionally take it off.  Mostly that is because I have a long wait and it helps dry off my hand and glove.  On occasion I will take off my glove for putting, but as a rule I use my glove all the time just because I don't really see the need to remove it, even for putting.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I wear 2 gloves.  One reason is for protection from the sun (dermatologist told me to after have 3 melanomas removed) and another reason is because it helps eliminate pain in my fingers after a round.  I quit wearing golf gloves and have been wearing baseball batting gloves for a while.  I find that they have a bit more padding, have very good stickiness, and feel better.  I put them on before I start a round and they do not come off until i put my clubs in the back of my truck....Also wear solar sleeves when I do not wear a shirt with long sleeves....

• Like 1

I feel I should know this, but what is legal (other than "nothing" and "golf glove") to wear on one's hands when swinging during a round?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I wear a glove for all full shots. No glove when chipping and putting.

- Steve

Driver: titleist.png.44b235e3fc0459caf96200c226b82945.png 917D2 (9.5*), 3/4 Wood: titleist.png.44b235e3fc0459caf96200c226b82945.png 917F2 (16*),
Hybridstaylormade.png.b56433b17b721d4da3cda2f79f9e73a7.png Rescue Mid (19*) & :wilsonstaff: D100 (22*), 5i-PW, GWcobra.png.f5a0c3806c04153a74a3b11aaf4308b0.png F7 One Length
Wedges:wilsonstaff: PMP (54* & 58*), Puttertaylormade.png.b56433b17b721d4da3cda2f79f9e73a7.png Spider Mini

I usually wear a glove unless I'm putting.   This past weekend when it was raining all of the time, I only wore it on full shots.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I wear a glove for every shot right now, including putting.  But it hasn't hot here yet, so that might change if it ever quits raining. I wear it for putting because I am a high handicapper who is frequently taking extra shots to get to the green or spending time looking for a ball and I am conscious about pace of play, so I don't want to waste any time taking it off or putting it back on. It doesn't really make sense though. It could be laziness as well.

War Eagle!

I wear my glove for the entire round. Often I forget to take it off after a round and don't realize I still have it on until I get to my truck. 

• 4 months later...

I used to wear a glove for all shots until I got close to the green (removing it between shots so it would last longer and so I'd avoid the white left hand golf tan!). About 4 years ago I went without a glove because I had the feeling that I was not griping the club strongly enough with one, including a re-griping motion at the top of the backswing. I now have better even pressure on the club throughout the swing and I save some money too. I'll never look back.

That said, I may have to wear 2 rain gloves if I find myself playing in a downpour (which is very rare)...

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Note: This thread is 1621 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!