IGNORED

Brooks Koepka

JodieMudd
Note: This thread is 1773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, ScouseJohnny said:

This Brooks guy. He'll never be taken seriously at the Sandtrap until he wins the Greensboro Open.

How’s he not being taken seriously? He’s a powerhouse and obviously a top contender at all the majors. Just because I find him boring hardly reflects on his status as a PGA TOUR player. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, JodieMudd said:

I'm indifferent towards Sergio to be honest. But you can't relate Sergio's spitting incident, (which i recall was a one off, and something that he apologised for), to Brooks who thinks it's completely normal grebbing his way around a golf course

Are you effing kidding????!!!!!! A one off?  What about Garcia vandalising 5 greens during a tournament earlier this year? Not to mention throwing clubs and shoes  into lakes and taking a dozen swipes at bunkers when he hits a poor shot? And blaming anyone but himself for poor play or results that aren't what he'd like? Or racist comments about Tiger? He has a history of disgusting behaviour. He should have been banned for six months or a year after what he did in Saudi Arabia. The spitting incident was nothing in comparison to a long list of things he's done - and never completely owned. 

Edited by leftybutnotPM
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Oh brother. Not the spitting conversation again.

In my book there's a difference between just  plain spit and dip spit.

Colin P.

53 minutes ago, iacas said:

That makes no sense.

Plenty take him seriously here. Don't paint TST with a brush just because one guy has a minority opinion.

23 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

How’s he not being taken seriously? He’s a powerhouse and obviously a top contender at all the majors. Just because I find him boring hardly reflects on his status as a PGA TOUR player. 

Hmmmm.

Me thinks he is being facetious.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

29 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Some observations from a while back (not from you), that he doesn't win regular tour events very often.

(edited)
1 hour ago, leftybutnotPM said:

Are you effing kidding????!!!!!! A one off?  What about Garcia vandalising 5 greens during a tournament earlier this year? Not to mention throwing clubs and shoes  into lakes and taking a dozen swipes at bunkers when he hits a poor shot? And blaming anyone but himself for poor play or results that aren't what he'd like? Or racist comments about Tiger? He has a history of disgusting behaviour. He should have been banned for six months or a year after what he did in Saudi Arabia. The spitting incident was nothing in comparison to a long list of things he's done - and never completely owned. 

No i am not 'effing kidding' !! You are completely WRONG !!!!

Sergio's 'spitting' incident that i was referring to WAS a one off. Ok so he can be douche and he knows it. He has apologised for most of those incidents you refer to. Doesnt make it all ok i agree and i'm not out to try and defend Sergio here.

Brooks however can saunter round the golf course week after week grebbing everywhere and 'most' people (obviously including you) don't have an issue with it.

Disgusting in my opinion 

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

In my book there's a difference between just  plain spit and dip spit.

Oh dear

Edited by JodieMudd

5 minutes ago, JodieMudd said:

No i am not 'effing kidding' !! You are completely WRONG !!!!

Sergio's 'spitting' incident that i was referring to WAS a one off. Ok so he can be douche and he knows it. He has apologised for most of those incidents you refer to. Doesnt make it all ok i agree and i'm not out to try and defend Sergio here.

Brooks however can saunter round the golf course week after week grebbing everywhere and 'most' people (obviously including you) don't have an issue with it.

Disgusting in my opinion 

Man you must hate baseball players than.

• Like 1

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, JodieMudd said:

Disgusting in my opinion 

You're in the minority. It's grass, dude.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)

21 minutes ago, iacas said:

You're in the minority. It's grass, dude.

Maybe i am in the minority but i really do think the pga tour should ban players from smoking and chewing on the golf course.

It sets a bad example , looks unattractive and quite frankly i think it gives those players who do it a slight advantage as it helps them relax.

I like a beer to relax, i wonder what the pga tour would think if i pulled out a cool frosty one while walking down the fairway.

Im actually amazed they don't take a firmer view on it given their strict stance on the use of marijuna which is like legal in how many states now?

Edited by JodieMudd

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, JodieMudd said:

Maybe i am in the minority but i really do think the pga tour should ban players from smoking and chewing on the golf course.

It sets a bad example , looks unattractive and quite frankly i think it gives those players who do it a slight advantage as it helps them relax.

I like a beer to relax, i wonder what the pga tour would think if i pulled out a cool frosty one while walking down the fairway.

Im actually amazed they don't take a firmer view on it given their strict stance on the use of marijuna which is like legal in how many states now?

Not really the topic here.

Brooks is not disliked on the PGA Tour.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

37 minutes ago, JodieMudd said:

Sergio's 'spitting' incident that i was referring to WAS a one off. Ok so he can be douche and he knows it. He has apologised for most of those incidents you refer to. D

He hasn't, you know. Saying "It was nothing really, it's not a problem." or "If it offended anyone I apologise."and then shrugging is not apologising.  It's underlining the fact that you are a pr*ck. In any case, there is nothing anywhere that would indicate that Koepka is not respected or liked by his fellow players.

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!