Jump to content

26 posts / 1706 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

On 6/20/2019 at 5:58 AM, CarlSpackler said:

I can make a rhythmic reverse pivot. A repeatable bad swing is still bad.

   You could also make a reverse pivot...without rhythm  !!!   or a bad putt...without rhythm...or a bad pitch shot....without rhythm...etc...etc...even a persons heart beat has natural rhythm....if that consistency is interrupted than that must be corrected first or the patient will die....no matter how good the doctor might be !!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

23 hours ago, iacas said:

The person said "A weight shift is not something one has to do consciously." I disagree.

 

21 hours ago, Vinsk said:

You responded to @iacas with 'yes it is' then this? I don't get your argument here.

Sorry, my bad, and I understand your confusion. What I was meaning to do was agree with @iacas , and wrote about the Haney video as an illustration of how some need to consciously think about getting their weight to shift. I do not agree with @Piz in that the weight shift is a natural or instinctive thing. If it was, everybody would do it! My buddy doesn't, except on his practice swings. I don't do it all the time either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, golfprotl1 said:

   You could also make a reverse pivot...without rhythm  !!!   or a bad putt...without rhythm...or a bad pitch shot....without rhythm...etc...etc...even a persons heart beat has natural rhythm....if that consistency is interrupted than that must be corrected first or the patient will die....no matter how good the doctor might be !!!!

Go ahead and live in your happy-clappy rhythmic world, but there is more to a golf swing than rhythm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:45 PM, iacas said:

The person said "A weight shift is not something one has to do consciously." I disagree.

As someone who struggles with "weight shift" I also disagree. And, I'm also confused about whether it's really a "weight shift" or a "pressure shift" or one after the other or both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Zippo said:

As someone who struggles with "weight shift" I also disagree. And, I'm also confused about whether it's really a "weight shift" or a "pressure shift" or one after the other or both.

Both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, iacas said:

Both.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Zippo said:

As someone who struggles with "weight shift" I also disagree. And, I'm also confused about whether it's really a "weight shift" or a "pressure shift" or one after the other or both.

There are some really good drills in this thread for Key 2, Weight Forward at Impact. I did them several years ago to nail it down and I don’t have any issues anymore. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

There are some really good drills in this thread for Key 2, Weight Forward at Impact. I did them several years ago to nail it down and I don’t have any issues anymore. 

 

Thanks. I'm sure that will help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...