26 posts / 1706 viewsLast Reply

On 6/20/2019 at 5:58 AM, CarlSpackler said:

I can make a rhythmic reverse pivot. A repeatable bad swing is still bad.

You could also make a reverse pivot...without rhythm  !!!   or a bad putt...without rhythm...or a bad pitch shot....without rhythm...etc...etc...even a persons heart beat has natural rhythm....if that consistency is interrupted than that must be corrected first or the patient will die....no matter how good the doctor might be !!!!

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

23 hours ago, iacas said:

The person said "A weight shift is not something one has to do consciously." I disagree.

21 hours ago, Vinsk said:

You responded to @iacas with 'yes it is' then this? I don't get your argument here.

Sorry, my bad, and I understand your confusion. What I was meaning to do was agree with @iacas , and wrote about the Haney video as an illustration of how some need to consciously think about getting their weight to shift. I do not agree with @Piz in that the weight shift is a natural or instinctive thing. If it was, everybody would do it! My buddy doesn't, except on his practice swings. I don't do it all the time either. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, golfprotl1 said:

You could also make a reverse pivot...without rhythm  !!!   or a bad putt...without rhythm...or a bad pitch shot....without rhythm...etc...etc...even a persons heart beat has natural rhythm....if that consistency is interrupted than that must be corrected first or the patient will die....no matter how good the doctor might be !!!!

Go ahead and live in your happy-clappy rhythmic world, but there is more to a golf swing than rhythm. 

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:45 PM, iacas said:

The person said "A weight shift is not something one has to do consciously." I disagree.

As someone who struggles with "weight shift" I also disagree. And, I'm also confused about whether it's really a "weight shift" or a "pressure shift" or one after the other or both.

9 minutes ago, Zippo said:

As someone who struggles with "weight shift" I also disagree. And, I'm also confused about whether it's really a "weight shift" or a "pressure shift" or one after the other or both.

Both.

Just now, iacas said:

Both.

Thank you.

9 hours ago, Zippo said:

There are some really good drills in this thread for Key 2, Weight Forward at Impact. I did them several years ago to nail it down and I don’t have any issues anymore. 

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

There are some really good drills in this thread for Key 2, Weight Forward at Impact. I did them several years ago to nail it down and I don’t have any issues anymore. 

Thanks. I'm sure that will help.