Sign in to follow this  
dogburger

Big Toe Fusion

3 posts / 723 viewsLast Reply

Ive been off the course for about a year now , the pain in my feet meant was just too much both during and after .Arthritis was diagnosed and to cut a long story sideways had to have my big toes fused in place .

The lack of activity with not walking the links has meant a weight gain of around 2 stone and a general drop off in my fitness .

But , Horray !  Im now pain free and getting on the push bike in attempt to get a bit fitter and will hope to get the clubs out of the garage soon and back on the course . With the unbending toes though Ive no idea of how its going to go . 

Anyone else had this op ?    https://www.nbt.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/attachments/Fusion of the Great (or Big) Toe_NBT002182.pdf

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

8 hours ago, dogburger said:

Anyone else had this op ?  

No...But just had to say: Good on you! Continue to be strong and of good courage! Best, -Marv

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good on you for getting back to it, though I'm sure general quality of life was the real driving force. I don't know of anyone who has had their big toe fused, but you and Tiger have something in common now. 🙂

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades