IronByron

Orlando Area Golf

9 posts / 529 viewsLast Reply

Hi.   My friends and I are going to the Orlando are for our yearly golf outing.   We will be playing 4 courses over a week, and have the following criteria.

1-100 dollars or less for a round.  We are willing to go over that for a truly special place.  

2-Within 30 miles of Kissimmee/Southwest Orlando

3-We have to be able to make a legitimate tee time.   No Bay Hill or Reunion Resort, where it's stay and play only.

Right now my top four, just from reading multiple reviews are.

Orange County National

Disney-Magnolia

Championsgate National.  (The international course is closed for over seeding while we are there.)

Southern Dunes.

Other places we have considered are Falcons Fire, Celebration, Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes and of course the other Disney courses.

If there are any Orlando natives, or people who have played the area a lot, which four courses would you choose?   Anything out there that's a hidden gem I have not seen?

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

You actually have a good list. Falcons Fire is a nice track and drains well (we’ve had a lot of rain recently). Celebration is my home course and is very nice but is cart path only right now but could change based on rainfall. You’ll be very satisfied with your list as is however.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

You actually have a good list. Falcons Fire is a nice track and drains well (we’ve had a lot of rain recently). Celebration is my home course and is very nice but is cart path only right now but could change based on rainfall. You’ll be very satisfied with your list as is however.

I tend to agree, but I’m not a huge fan of Falcons Fire.  For what you’re doing, I think you’ll be pleased with those 4 courses.  

The only caveat would be to check for aeration schedules for each course for the actual week that you’ll be here.  We’re right in the middle of that time now....

Check Mission Inn too. I didn’t like Championsgate, but next to that you got Championsgate country club. I liked it a lot more.

Thanks guys.    This is exactly the feedback I was hoping for.   Our trip is at the end of August, so we have plenty of time.   I'll take a closer look at Mission Inn and maybe change out Championsgate for them.   This is very exciting for us, as this is our 16th straight year of doing this, and this is the first time we have gone east of Utah.   (We are all from Oregon).  

I liked Eagle Creek when I lived there. I thought Twin Rivers was pretty good too. I wanted to play Bay Hill, and Mission Inn, but didn’t get to it. Dubsdread was also on my todo list, and I hear they have an awesome cheeseburger. Finally, Winter Park (Nine Hole) is on Golf Week’s Top Courses you can play.

Was in Orlando area a couple of years ago and played some of the courses mentioned . The OCN courses were a grade above the Disney and Falcons Fire though I loved the layout of Falcons . 

I also played a quirky little course near our house rental called Highlands Reserve which was good fun if not the greatest of challenges but well worth the green fee of under $30

i was just in orlando a couple weeks ago.  I played Orange County National - Panther Lake course.   and really enjoyed it.    Actually, a pretty decent amount of elevation change for central florida.    From the looks of it, crooked cat was probably just as good.