IGNORED

Putter Lie Question

Note: This thread is 1729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Zippo, today's a good day to get out and practice with your putter. Blue skies. Just don't take the Hannegan road.

Good idea. I'll probably just run over to Grandview and practice for a while. Lots of work needed on my chipping, too. Ahhh, who am I kidding. Lots of work needed on my whole game! :-)

11 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Zippo, today's a good day to get out and practice with your putter. Blue skies. Just don't take the Hannegan road.

Thanks, @Double Mocha Man. I putted pretty well today. Not that there still isn't plenty of room for improvement, of course, but I'm not feeling as lost as I was and not feeling like the toe of the putter is gonna drag on the ground with the new lie.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Howard Jones said:

nope, read this

Specifically…?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Specifically…?

We have the same relation ship between a face angle thats 1* open or closed to path as we have for 1* up or 1* flat for lie angles, they cause the same tilt on the spin axis, on this case as roll. 
At 8 yards (24 feets), we dont hit the cup at all if lie is more than 1* off, (and the cup is 4.25") so at 4* off and 30 feets, way outside the cup, just try it yourself. If lie angle on putters was no more important than that we would all play 72* or what ever they deliver as "standard"

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Howard Jones said:

We have the same relation ship between a face angle thats 1* open or closed to path as we have for 1* up or 1* flat for lie angles, they cause the same tilt on the spin axis, on this case as roll. 

No. That’s not accurate.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, Howard Jones said:

Then tell what is, your reply is useless for all readers.

He did in post 8. Read the linked posting. 

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 7/18/2019 at 11:12 AM, Howard Jones said:

At 8 yards (24 feets), we dont hit the cup at all if lie is more than 1* off, (and the cup is 4.25") so at 4* off and 30 feets, way outside the cup, just try it yourself. If lie angle on putters was no more important than that we would all play 72* or what ever they deliver as "standard"

Howard, that's not accurate. The influence of lie angle diminishes as we decrease the loft towards 0. A one degree up or flat lie will not equate to anything close to a 1 degree face angle change. Unless I missed it, I did not see anything in the link specifically about this?

Note: This thread is 1729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!