iacas

NHL 2019-20

25 posts / 2934 viewsLast Reply

The Canes have to match it. Aho is their best player and only 21. Basically Montreal force them to sign him at a higher price than anticipated. As a Canadians fan, I would be thrilled to have him, but I don't think it's going to go that road.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

25 minutes ago, Benit0 said:

The Canes have to match it. Aho is their best player and only 21. Basically Montreal force them to sign him at a higher price than anticipated. As a Canadians fan, I would be thrilled to have him, but I don't think it's going to go that road.

From what I've read about the situation, the Canes and Aho weren't too far on money. It was term that was the issue. Aho wanted a 5 year contract that makes him a free agent in his age 27 year and the Canes wanted him to sign a 7 or 8 year extension that covers some of those early UFA years.

10 hours ago, billchao said:

There doesn't need to be any collusion. The whole offer sheet system is dumb.

I don't know about that.

RFAs are important for building a team. Teams who don't want to let special players reach RFA status where they can get an offer sheet often extend the contract before they reach that stage. For example, Jake Guentzel with the Pens.

Though most of the time, teams won't offer sheet another team's RFA, it obviously CAN happen.

This offseason just got better:

But honestly I felt we already won the offseason when we picked up Lindsey Vonn 😉

Ahhh, I love the night before the season starts, lots of last minute entries into hockey pools I know I have no chance of winning.   

And I hope the stars align right this season for my Edmonton Oilers.  Although it’s just about getting to the point where I’m pretty much only cheering for McDavid and whomever is lucky enough to be his winger.  

I met Gordie Howe...woo...woo..woo...I have his autograph...woo...woo...He shook my hand...woo...woo...woo.

Hey...it works sometimes.  And, by the way, he had beautiful penmanship.

8 hours ago, Piz said:

I met Gordie Howe...woo...woo..woo...I have his autograph...woo...woo...He shook my hand...woo...woo...woo.

Hey...it works sometimes.  And, by the way, he had beautiful penmanship.

The story goes that Gordie worked hard on his signature as a kid. He submitted samples to his sister Violet and she chose the one that he used for the rest of his days.

It really is very nice. Rather unlike the man's famous elbows.

Image result for Gordie Howe, signature