IGNORED

Breaking Bad

Clubswinger21
Note:Β This thread is 3729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

BTW, can't believe Cranston and Paul got robbed at the Emmys. Unreal.

Ryan M
Β 
The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)
Β 
IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah. I thought they only got one "****" per season. She used about 20 seasons worth.

You guys are dorks. Although, I did also think they only got one eff per season, and jesses tonight was the 2nd in as many episodes. I have no idea how they are going to fit all they need to fit in next week into 75 minutes. Tonight wasn't nearly as intense as last week, but still good overall.

Tonight wasn't nearly as intense as last week, but still good overall.

I figured it wouldn't be...they had to use this episode to set up the finale. Besides the kid, Jesse officially has nothing left to lose. I want him to go absolutely nuts and just kill everyone.

Ryan M
Β 
Β 

Think a "slower" episode was needed after the last couple. Like what was said, purpose of this episode was to setup the finale and fill us in between the last episode and the flash forwards. Β It was good and we got to see many different emotional states of Walt. Β Will his "redemption" be that he turns himself in after dealing with the Nazis in order to keep Skyler out of jail? Β Not sure but I bet it's going to be good!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

You guys are dorks. Although, I did also think they only got one eff per season, and jesses tonight was the 2nd in as many episodes.

I have no idea how they are going to fit all they need to fit in next week into 75 minutes.

Tonight wasn't nearly as intense as last week, but still good overall.

It does seem like they have a lot to cover for the last episode. Β Thought it might be two hours but haven't seen it advertised as such.

Holy cow Todd really is a wacko! I can't believe he killed Jesse, Holly, Skyler, and that Walt Jr. was able to kill him with a spatula and a Swiss Army Knife like MacGyver!

And Walt and Lydia sleeping together? What is THAT about?

Last two or three Sunday nights I have toΒ to hide the "Last Post" side of the screen until I watch the episode. Β I caughtΒ the "Holy cow Todd..." and looked away hahaha Β If I had read the whole thing I would have gotten it was a joke.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

I loved how tonight's episode paid a homage to my favorite Twilight Zone episode "the Lonely."

Man, can't believe Vince Gilligan killed off Andrea. What a harsh move. One of the more brutal moments of the series I'd say.

Constantine

Last two or three Sunday nights I have toΒ to hide the "Last Post" side of the screen until I watch the episode. Β I caughtΒ the "Holy cow Todd..." and looked away hahaha Β If I had read the whole thing I would have gotten it was a joke.

lol, yeah ... The wife and I go "dark" at 6 pm each of the last few Sunday nights. No Facebook, no tst, nothing, just to be safe.

Props to Heisenberg for calling out B+W = Grey Matter. So that's why the BB folks were on twice on Charlie Rose in as many weeks. I'm calling it - the big gun is for G & E. Going out on a limb, huh? :-)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Did anyone else get this amusing break to commercial last night?

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Ha ha. That's how it'll end. Zombies created by bad meth batch kill Walt, Jesse, et al. AMC greenlightedΒ two new shows, one based on BB, the other, TWD.

• If Walter has been getting in-home chemo in New Hampshire, shouldn't his hair be falling out?

• The doctors who recommendedΒ aggressive surgery to remove the tumor. What happened to that? He got busy with Fring and making meth so he was too busy for it?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

The doctors who recommendedΒ aggressive surgery to remove the tumor. What happened to that? He got busy with Fring and making meth so he was too busy for it?

He did that himself too.

But seriously, not all chemo makes your hair fall out.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Ha ha. That's how it'll end. Zombies created by bad meth batch kill Walt, Jesse, et al. AMC greenlightedΒ two new shows, one based on BB, the other, TWD. [LIST] [*] If Walter has been getting in-home chemo in New Hampshire, shouldn't his hair be falling out? [/LIST] [LIST] [*] The doctors who recommendedΒ aggressive surgery to remove the tumor. What happened to that? He got busy with Fring and making meth so he was too busy for it? [/LIST]

I'm not an expert (let's hope I never am, knock on wood) but I'm pretty sure that chemo doesn't make your hair fall out ... Radiation does. Don't think he has the resources for radiation treatments. ;) ---------------------------------- New random (yet plausible) theory the wife thought of last night. How apropos/ironic would it be if Walter White were to "win" next week by accomplishing whatever it is he sets out to do? Let's say he guns down all of the Aryans and gets his money back - and perhaps now we all think the ricin is for his old friends??** - and he succeeds there ... now he's left sitting there on his pile of money with ... nothing else to live for. (It would be extra judicial if his rogue chemo treatments worked and he beat the cancer ;)) (I'm just adding this right now) ... The ending could be a fade away just like in "Crawl space" except he's not screaming/laughing because the money is gone, but because it's the only thing not gone. ** He has a great ability to deflect fault onto other people, so its a pretty good bet he still blames them for everything. He would never have HAD to make meth if he was a multi-millionaire instead of a struggling chemistry teacher/car wash employee.

I always wanted to learn more about what really happened to Walt - and why he went from a Nobel Prize winner, to a High School Chemistry teacher. Β Seems like a pretty significant step backwards... They only have ~ 75 minutes to wrap the show. Β And of that, ~ 55 minutes will be the show (I'm guessing) based on ad allocation.

Here's what I'd like to see go down...

1.) Walt goes back to ABQ (flash forward already confirms this) gets the M60 and ricin.

2.) Forces Lydia to tell him where Todd and the Aryan gang bangers are cooking meth.... She tells him. Β He then pops her with a quick shot to the temple.

3.) Jesse offs himself in the slave cave. Β He can't possibly go through any more torture after he watched his lady friend Andrea assassinated can he?

4.) Uncle Jack, Todd and the Aryan crew getΒ blown to smithereens after Walt creates another mercury fulminate device - the makeshift Heisenberg lab's recipe is lost in a cloud of smoke - everything Walt worked for... .His money and his recipe is lost forever.

5.) Walt walks out of the engulfed building and jumps into his ride and drives directly to Grey Matter meanwhileΒ calling the DEA on his way (they track his phones GPS and know where he is headed).

6.) Walt pulls up to the Grey Matter office building andΒ unloads the M60 mortars onto the building while screaming hysterically 'I Won the Nobel Prize for coming up with the name?!'

7.) DEA/FBI/ABQ/Swat pulls up on the scene... Walt dropsΒ the M60, turns around with his hands in the airΒ and surrenders. Β They tell him to get on the ground, and as he goes to the ground, he pulls the small vile of ricin out of his pocket, and digest the powdery substance.

8.) Screen fades to black.... 'Executive Producer Vince Gilligan'

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

New random (yet plausible) theory the wife thought of last night. How apropos/ironic would it be if Walter White were to "win" next week by accomplishing whatever it is he sets out to do?

That would be quite a comeback. Β Sort of like on Feb 13, 1998, whenΒ Wisconsin's hockey team fell behind Denver 3-1 with only 6:44 to go, but then scored 6 goals to win 7-4? Β A replay of which was playing at the bar... http://extramustard.si.com/2013/09/23/last-nights-breaking-bad-featured-a-classic-college-hockey-game-from-1998/

Dan

:tmade:Β R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14Β 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron:Β Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Quote:

Originally Posted byΒ Golfingdad

New random (yet plausible) theory the wife thought of last night. How apropos/ironic would it be if Walter White were to "win" next week by accomplishing whatever it is he sets out to do?

That would be quite a comeback. Β Sort of like on Feb 13, 1998, whenΒ Wisconsin's hockey team fell behind Denver 3-1 with only 6:44 to go, but then scored 6 goals to win 7-4? Β A replay of which was playing at the bar...http://extramustard.si.com/2013/09/23/last-nights-breaking-bad-featured-a-classic-college-hockey-game-from-1998/

LOL ... interesting catch ... however, not at all where I was going with that.Β  That's why I put win in quotes. It would be quite the opposite of a win.Β  I picture Westley's plan for Prince Humperdink coming to fruition here ...

" ... That is what to the pain means, it means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever."

-----------------------------

Since somebody previously pointed out that ricin takes a little while to take effect, I'm guessing it's not for him.Β  He's already saddled with a poison that is taking awhile to kill him, what would be the point of another?Β  If he wants to die, he can just shoot himself when he's done.Β  It's gotta be for Lydia (perhaps after he learns from her where the nazis are, like Beach suggested) or for his old buddies.

Have we seen the last of Saul?Β  That was sure a anti-climatic ending for him, huh?

Well in the scene it shows the White King move from the corner of the board to the left as we see here.

Also to note there is no white queen on the board. Only two pawns and a knight.

Could symbolize him being cornered and having a way out.

Or like suggested above, just to show the King which is White. Walter White etc.

furthermore: The man who owns Grey Matter is named Elliot Shwartz.

shwarz is German for the color black....

Walter White + Elliot Shwartz = Gray Matter

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

I think y'all are officially reaching now.

how you like dem apples?

I always wanted to learn more about what really happened to Walt - and why he went from a Nobel Prize winner, to a High School Chemistry teacher.

If he won the NP, he'd have a nice little nest egg and probably set for life professionally wise. I'm sure you meant contributor as the plaque suggests, but in S1, he mentioned he worked for Sandia labs, so pretty good salary and career prospects and was expecting to upgrade to a bigger house when talking to the realtor in house on Negra Arroyo Lane. I want to know how he went from Sandia to HS chemistry teacher/part-time car washer.

In the card game, there were two kings. That meant something, just dunno what.

Not sure what to expect for Grey Matter - how much WW really contributed to its success needs to be explained. Then I'd make my judgement as to whether G&E; deserve the big gun if it comes to that.

Steve

furthermore: The man who owns Grey Matter is named Elliot Shwartz.

shwarz is German for the color black....

Walter White + Elliot Shwartz = Gray Matter

They mentioned that in the episode.

Ryan M
Β 
Β 

They mentioned that in the episode.

But Heisenburg (thesandtrap's Heisenburg) mentioned it before the episode.

Steve

Note:Β This thread is 3729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!