IGNORED

Breaking Bad

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 3730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I called a few things (during the episode) that occurred.

That's all I'll say. The west coasters will be getting it in an hour.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I called a few things (during the episode) that occurred.

That's all I'll say. The west coasters will be getting it in an hour.

Yea, but everyone did. :-)

It was a tad predictable in a good way I thought. Very pleased.

At least, that's what everyone I've talked to so far has said, and I said the same exact thing haha! re: "I predicted a few things."

Actually, I think I remember reading a CNN article that said the most obvious ending would be Walt poising Lydia with ricin, using the gun on the Nazis, saving Jesse and then Jesse killing Walt. That was pretty damn close, and pretty much how I'm sure many viewers felt throughout the final ep.

But still, somehow despite all that, I still loved it. I don't feel cheated like I do by Dexter, that's for sure HAHA.

In the end though, I love how Todd got choked out like Jabba the Hutt on Han Solo Execution day. It even had R2D2 (the machine gun contraption) to throw Walt his light saber.

Suck on that, Landry from FNL!!!

Constantine

• Administrator

Yea, but everyone did.

Of course. It's just the right amount of predictable.

But still, somehow despite all that, I still loved it. I don't feel cheated like I do by Dexter, that's for sure HAHA.

God, Dexter sucks. I regret watching anything after season 3.

Like I said, Dexter ending last week only served to make this ending seem that much better.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Of course. It's just the right amount of predictable.

Yea, exactly. It still did the job. Just the right amount, totally agree haha!

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

God, Dexter sucks. I regret watching anything after season 3.

Like I said, Dexter ending last week only served to make this ending seem that much better.

I still liked season 4 and even 5. For me, that show became unwatchable from 6 on. Of course, out of nostalgia, I still watched.... boy was that dumb.

I think I remember reading on Twitter some fan writing, "wow, so the twist at the end was this entire time the show was one big fat waste of time."

Constantine

Great final episode, awesome way to wrap up the series.  It's rare you get a great show and a rewarding finale.  Hope Walt Jr. takes the money ;-)

Other than Walt taking out the Nazis, my favorite scene was where Walt confesses to Skyler that he was doing it for himself and that he enjoyed being good at it.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvmac

Other than Walt taking out the Nazis, my favorite scene was where Walt confesses to Skyler that he was doing it for himself and that he enjoyed being good at it.

I also rather enjoyed that scene. When he started to say it... I genuinely thought he was gonna say he did it for his family, and I was like "Ahhh cmon Walt, again with this shit?!" Was very satisfying to hear him admit that.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

• Administrator
I feel like I just experienced a terrible breakup, now that I realize I'll never get to watch a new episode of Breaking Bad.

I don't feel like that at all.

I think the ending so thoroughly capped things, that I'm completely fine with it being over. To go on would risk becoming worse, and so, it ended at the right time with the right ending. Like a satisfying, long movie.

I'll "miss" the show, but I'm also "glad" it ended, if that makes any sense.

I think the ending so thoroughly capped things, that I'm completely fine with it being over. To go on would risk becoming worse, and so, it ended at the right time with the right ending. Like a satisfying, long movie.

This. Much like if Dexter had somehow found a way to end after season 4, it would to this day be considered a great series (Though still not touching Breaking Bad). But instead, it carried on and became a joke.

I'll miss Breaking Bad BIG time, but they played it perfectly. It ends as the greatest television series of all time.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I agree that they ended it very well and anything more could have ruined everything. So I guess what I meant is that I'll miss the show more than anything.

In the Bag:

I agree that they ended it very well and anything more could have ruined everything. So I guess what I meant is that I'll miss the show more than anything.

The breakup analogy is still a good one though.

Even though the relationship has run its course and no real good can come from continuing on, you'll still miss the comfort of it. And now you're left with an uncertain future...no TV show. lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Even though the relationship has run its course and no real good can come from continuing on, you'll still miss the comfort of it. And now you're left with an uncertain future...no TV show. lol

Haha, there ya go. You conveyed my feelings exactly. :dance: I guess I'm still just recovering from the shock.

In the Bag:

Y

In the end though, I love how Todd got choked out like Jabba the Hutt on Han Solo Execution day. It even had R2D2 (the machine gun contraption) to throw Walt his light saber.

Suck on that, Landry from FNL!!!

I would say the flashing lights on the remote for the massage chair was reminiscent of R2D2 also.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• Administrator

Not for me. It feels nothing like a breakup - not as the breakee or the breaker, nor a mutual decision.

I'm calm about it. Maybe TV shows don't matter as much to me, maybe I'm not prone to being overly dramatic, maybe… whatever. But breakup doesn't encapsulate things for me at all.

A lot of people called what happened in the finale, how exactly with the machine gun no one did though. The ricin was almost anti-climatic. And I don't think anyone predicted using G & E to get the money to his family.

Walter's admission of "I felt alive" reminded me of Hemingway's short story, The Short Happy Life of Francis Macomber.

It's not over, over. Vince Gilligan has carte blanche now. Hopefully he'll take some time off and come back with something just as good.

Somewhere, there's $70+ million in cash, just waiting to be discovered.

See, they killed WW off and Dexter gets off, pretty much scott free. VG would have killed off Dexter in season 3.

The breakup feeling - I get that with every show, every book that I become highly vested in. Only a few shows but many books. Not so much with Breaking Bad, but more so with Six Feet Under, LOST, Battlestar Galactica.

Next up, Justified and Game of Thrones.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I have to agree. Bad breakups are like when some of your favorite characters in a book your reading get killed (cough Game of Thrones cough), poor Ned ;)

There is nothing worse than dragging on a show that should have ended. This show was about Walter, and his story had to come to an end. I could care less about other loose ends, they don't matter to the story, because it never was about them, it was about one guy.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

here's a list of actors and the things they took from the set after filming wrapped. feels...

take note of what Bob Odenkirk says aka Saul.

intradesting

BRYAN CRANSTON (Walt) : I have Heisenberg’s hat and sunglasses. That’s my prized possession.

AARON PAUL (Jesse): I took Jesse Pinkman’s license plate from his first car: THE CAPN. … I have a Heisenberg hat. [Series creator] Vince Gilligan has promised me the burnt pink teddy bear from season 2. I really wanted something that symbolized Jesse in a way, and I know that might be kind of a long shot, but I think that pink teddy bear really symbolized the relationship between Jesse and Jane. It wouldn’t have landed in Walt’s pool if it weren’t for Jane’s father. So that was very nice of Vince.

ANNA GUNN (Skyler): You know those three portraits of me, Walt, and Walt Jr. that were in the hallway? I got one of those. And I’m actually putting in a request for those crazy ducks that were on our glass coffee table in the living room. No matter what scene we were doing, no matter how heavy and how intense it was, I just found those ceramic fat ducks incredibly amusing. I always just imagined Skyler on eBay going, “I need those ducks! I’ve gotta have those ducks!” So I just really want those ducks. They always made me laugh.”

DEAN NORRIS (Hank) I took Tuco’s grill. [Another one is up for auction here]. I took the axe that almost cut my head off, and I had it signed by all the principals in that scene. I took my bomber DEA jacket. And I took the Hank Schrader desk plate that was on the desk. Those are the things I wanted.

BOB ODENKIRK (Saul): They needed everything [for the spin-off]. The only set that they put in storage was Saul’s. They gave me the bus stop bench ad, signed by the cast and crew. That’s the best. That’s what I would have asked for. It’s really awesome.

RJ MITTE (Walt Jr.) : I have the back of my [director] chairs and I have my crutches. I got to keep the crutches. I’m going to wait five years down the road, then I’m going to sign them, and then I’m going to wait another five years and then I’m going to put them on eBay. [Laughs]

BETSY BRANDT (Marie) : I didn’t even ask permission for it, I just flat-out stole the tchotchke that Marie took in “Open House.” It’s this little boy riding a little pig or something. It’s a weird thing, but I just had to have it. It just didn’t feel right [to ask permission], so I lifted it. I wanted to take that rug — I just couldn’t figure a way to get it out of there discreetly because it’s huge and sheds a lot.

Ricin probably tastes better in tea than stevia. (I loved the finale. Great way to end.)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!