IGNORED

If You Had to Take One Club From You Bag, Which Would It Be?

Note: This thread is 1496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3w. It's the least used club in my bag. I don't need it, but once in a while the situation calls for it and I end up hitting it poorly anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Probably the club sitting between my 3w and 5 hybrid because there is no club sitting there currently.  I can't seem to find a good reliable club to sit in the gap; I've tried a couple of different 5 woods, 3 and 4 hybrids, etc. but have yet to settle on one yet.  I rarely have an approach shot sitting between 205 and 235, and when I do, I'm usually better off hitting either the 5h or the 3w anyway. 

• Thumbs Up 1

60 wedge until I end up in a deep bunker...😂

Honestly, 5i to 3i are pretty useless to me except to make bets at the driving range. 😁

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My current set is driver, 4h, 5-SW and a LW.  I would probably remove one of the SW/LW depending on course conditions.  I have a high bounce SW and a low bounce LW

• Like 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

For one day?

If it were actually important that I shoot my lowest score, it would be my driver. The thing has been a straight up snake in my hands this year.

Multiple days?

It would probably be a 60-degree wedge that I almost never have real occasion to use. There are very few situations I normally face where my SW isn't preferable.

• Like 1

My 3 wood. I haven't used one in 10+ rounds easily. 

I can't hit it consistently off the grass, I have a two way miss with it off the tee, and I have a ton of confidence in my 3 iron off the tee. (My last round I teed off with my 3 iron 7 times, hit 4 fairways, and averaged 235 yds, furthest being 255)

For approach shots into par 5s, I usually just hit a 5 or 6 iron, on shorter par 5s its usually enough to get me on the green or nGIR, and on longer par 5s, my shot zone with my 3 wood is so big that using it would bring too much trouble into play.

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• 6 months later...
On 7/6/2019 at 5:09 PM, phedrick said:

For me,it would be one of my wedges... they  hate me.

Ha Ha mine also. I carry a sand iron and 60 degree lob wedge. I dread being in wedge distance so I use a severely choked down gap wedge or pitch and run it if there are no hazards in front.

I would never remove my 3I. I love my long irons.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 degree hybrid or 58 degree wedge. I don't find myself at the 195 yard range often and that is where the 19 degree falls. My 4 wood is somewhere around 205-215 and the 3i is good for 190 if I hit it well. Probably the tightest gap in my bag are these 3 clubs. As for the 58, I just don't hit it very often. I take my 53 out of sand a decent amount, and use the 53 for all chips, and fairway/rough shots inside of 80 yards.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

3w. Pretty useless.

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

My 53 degree wedge.   According to my Arccos, I have only used it 14 times in my last 34 rounds.   compared with 51 times with my 50 degree and 539 uses of my 56 degree.  

(those 56 degree numbers are a bit skewed, of course, because I do all of my chipping and pitching with my 56.)

but, still, my 2nd lowest usage over that time is with my 4 iron, which has 49 uses.  

• Thumbs Up 1

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

I was thinking about this last night as I walked off the last hole. Since I started playing again, I have played the same course, from the same tees. I have yet to use my 4hy, and really, the 5 iron maybe once because of the wind. I think they are coming out. 

• Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Any of the middle irons could be sacrificed, I rarely use them where I play. Could always choke up or get after a shorter club.  Could also replace 56 and 61 LW with just a 58. I sometime play 9 holes with just 5 clubs for fun in the evening.   We really do not need 14 clubs.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

60 degree wedge. 

Same.  I'll go weeks without using that club.

The exceptions are either being jammed up against the lip of bunker or severely short-sided on the wrong side of one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!