IGNORED

Range vs Course: I'm Struggling!

YoungTad
Note: This thread is 1723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

14 hours ago, Shindig said:

Good call.  I guess I was thinking of time for a full round, which this both isn't and doesn't need to be. 

And I don't know what I was thinking with never empty, since I had a period of my life where I'd play an hour before twilight to get it largely empty.

I worked the proshop at Skylinks so I know the dead times.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Try playing a round on the range. I've heard that Ben Hogan used to do this during his warm-up. Choose a course and then pretend you're playing it on the range. For me on my home course I would play driver for the tee shot and then a PW on #1. On #2  I will play my driver, a five wood and then my AW. It's a par four but I don't hit this green but  about 30% of the time . It's usually driver, 4 iron  on #3. The 4th hole is a driver and an 8 or 9 iron. Give this a try. It may help you get used to playing rather that just banging balls.

• Thumbs Up 1

• iacas changed the title to Range vs Course: I'm Struggling!
Note: This thread is 1723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!