26 posts / 8901 viewsLast Reply

internet fight GIF by Cheezburger

Rule #1 for interacting on the internet... Never read emotion in what someone else types. 

Rule #2 Never ask for advice or opinion unless you REALLY want it. 

Rule #3 Never offer up advice or an opinion unless it is asked for. Be prepared for said the asker to get upset when you don’t agree with them. 

Rule #4 Never post when intoxicated  

These are my rules of course. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, iacas said:

The simple problem there is that it's not really all that helpful to say "swing out to the right" to a lot of people.

That would be instant death to me. As you have said my cue is the exact opposite - OTT and left. 

So yeah dynamic cues are hardly universal and straight up counterproductive for some.

4 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

These are my rules of course. 

I don't see it that way. I'm just calmly sharing my opinions, which is what he asked for with the first sentence in the OP.

4 hours ago, GolfLug said:

That would be instant death to me. As you have said my cue is the exact opposite - OTT and left. 

So yeah dynamic cues are hardly universal and straight up counterproductive for some.

It would be. And he doesn't claim the swing is for everyone, but… it's not what I'm saying, either. I'm saying that his advice - in that video - is just "swing to the right." Well, cool. If the golf swing was that simple, just tell people things like "make your low point 4" past the front edge of the golf ball" or "swing faster" or "line the shaft up with your left shoulder at impact" or "get your hips about 40° open at impact."

The fact is most people can't "swing to the right." Their forearms rotate, or their left wrist is cupped, or they do ten other things that "prevent" them from being able to "swing out to the right" or "along this stick here."

So that's why I shared my opinion: the video doesn't really say much.

Still glad his videos helped @Bo the Golfer, and maybe he doesn't want to give too much away in the free videos, but…

24 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't see it that way. I'm just calmly sharing my opinions, which is what he asked for with the first sentence in the OP.

My comment was not directed at you. The OP asked for opinions and didn’t seem very open to what was given and then started trashing the site. In other words, don’t ask for opinions and then get upset at everyone for not agreeing with yours. 

Edited by CarlSpackler

19 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

My comment was not directed at you. The OP asked for opinions and didn’t seem very open to what was given and then started trashing the site. In other words, don’t ask for opinions and then get upset at everyone for not agreeing with yours. 

Fair enough. 🙂

On 7/9/2019 at 2:43 AM, Bo the Golfer said:

Just looking for people's opinions on this. I stumbled upon Steve Johnston on YouTube and really liked his videos. The guy is pretty funny and has a simple way of explaining things. The Eureka swing seems mostly a take off of stack and tilt with an open stance but damn I hit the ball well following his advice. I've always had issues with getting my weight left and my hips open but with the open stance and 60% weight left that seems a thing of the past. Been about 6 weeks of range time with this and 2 rounds but my ball flight and shot direction are way better than ever. He just started selling videos online but for around $27 USD good luck finding a better deal. There's plenty of free info on his YouTube channel which has gotten me this far. 

I like the guy also. Very engaging. It does seem he got his "Eureka" swing from Bill Owens "Triangulaid Swing".

Since he discovered Triangulaid in 1991, Bill Owens has only one dream: Give to everybody the ability to play golf quickly and make our Planet the...

One thing that piques my interest with this swing is the slightly open stance, while keeping the shoulders fairly square to the target line at address.   Evidently a number of pros have a slightly open stance to help keep the club from being sucked inside early in the backswing (which seems to have some truth to it) and it might help one open up a little more in the downswing.   I recently discovered that my stance had gotten open and the left shoulder was pointing quite a bit to the left at address (pretty common issue evidently), so I squared the stance up and found the backswing to feel quite a bit different in doing that, but the contact improved in doing it with the feet somewhat closed to the target at address.   I am just wondering if opening the foot stance a little might be a good option vs closed.  

Hello to everyone, new poster here.  Wanted to share my thoughts about this method...maybe not just this method, but the overall effect of an open stance on early extension.

I'm 57, 5 hncp, rather thick chested and inflexible, and have struggled with early extension and flipping for many years.  Really, I'm a 10 hncp ballstriker and a 2 inside 25 yards.

I have watched a few "senior" themed instruction videos to address EE, and they're almost all some theme of  - closed stance, get a deep shoulder turn, swing out to the right, and accept early extension.  None of this worked for me...my driver especially was wildly inconsistent.

So, opening my stance and swinging out instantly improved my ballstriking through the bag.  Not really sure why, but I believe a closed stance facilitates EE - if I close up, it's not difficult to straighten my back, be on my toes, and stay balanced.  Moving the left foot back with the butt moving forward results in a totally unbalanced (falling forward) position which can't be maintained, so the body doesn't do it (EE).

Yes, my backswing is shorter, but I'm making better strikes and haven't lost distance.  

Does this make any sense?