IGNORED

2019 British Open Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 1733 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 hours ago, Shindig said:

Koepka is paired with Holmes tomorrow;  think he'll go to the restroom for five minutes in the first few holes to get them put on the clock?  

Hope he does something like that on hole 2. With this kind of weather JB will step like Kevin Na in his worst nightmare.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Go Tommy! Or Lee, though he's a bit far back. With this course and weather, anything can happen.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

6 hours ago, Chris223 said:

Not a fan of Lowry.  Anyone but him.  Westy, Holmes, Koepka even and I’m not a huge fan of him either 

Im a bit like that myself .  Was standing close to Lowry when he was trying to Qualify for the US Open at Walton Heath (UK)  a few years back and he was cussing like a trooper in front of kids . Ok maybe having an off day but Id rather see someone else pick up the jug , like anyone from England !

• Administrator
16 hours ago, Jay28 said:

I think it's great to see these two in the final pairing as I think they are the 2 best players in the world yet to win a major.

Westwood. Fowler. Bryson. Rahm. Xander. Kuchar. Casey. Finau.

All better players without a major. And I stopped looking quickly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

31 minutes ago, iacas said:

Westwood. Fowler. Bryson. Rahm. Xander. Kuchar. Casey. Finau.

All better players without a major. And I stopped looking quickly.

Opinions, opinions.

Others can have them, you know.  Not just you.

Of the golfers you listed - sure, debatable, especially for Rahm and Fowler imo.

However, I'll stick with Fleetwood and Lowry as the best 2 players out there not to win a major yet. Hopefully one of them will be removed from the non major winning list today.

👍

On 7/19/2019 at 11:42 PM, metaswinger said:

MacIntyre reportedly confronts Stanley for not yelling fore

For a player who made the cut in his major-championship debut, Robert MacIntyre wasn’t all smiles Friday at The Open.

The 22-year-old Scot was reportedly unhappy with his playing competitor Kyle Stanley and confronted the American for failing to yell fore on two wayward shots – each of which hit spectators – during his second round at Royal Portrush.

“Aye, there were harsh words,” MacIntyre told The Scotsman. “It wasn’t too pleasant. But you’ve got to tell him it’s not right. He didn’t take it well at all.”

MacIntyre said that Stanley hit a marshal on the leg on the 14th hole before striking the mother of MacIntyre’s caddie, Greg Milne, on the 17th hole.

“We’re shouting fore as the ball is coming into the crowd, and he’s just standing watching it,” MacIntyre said. “And people didn’t have enough time to react when we shouted. It hit Greg’s mum, so I told him how it was. I said I wasn’t happy – and he didn’t really like my response. He’s the only one I’ve seen do that. It was straight into the crowd. It was into the crowd from the word go. And we’re expecting him to shout fore. She’s all right, I think, but it’s not what you want.

“… It’s on the [player information] sheets, it’s on everything, you shout fore.”...

GCLogo.png

Robert MacIntyre was reportedly unhappy with his playing competitor Kyle Stanley for failing to yell fore on two wayward shots.

I can understand why he'd be upset.

The problem could be solved by making sure warnings are issued and ultimately removal from the golf tournament after a warning if it happens again.

Edited by Jay28

Rickie!  😱

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I just jinxed Holmes. I said hit it OB and he did!😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Not sure which is worse, just watching commercials, or watching the golf on a small square in the upper-left hand corner while the rest of the screen is devoted to the bloke from Oz trying to sell me auto insurance from his imaginary insurance university.

Probably not the first swing Lowry was looking for but it's in bounds. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

On 7/20/2019 at 6:56 AM, boogielicious said:

Zoinks.  Callaway has some explaining to do as well.

I think you mean "Xoinks"...

22 hours ago, Hazsa said:

Ok, ill be that guy. It’s not called the ‘British Open’. It’s not even being played in Britain.

I did that on purpose. Calling it "The Open" sounds douchey. 

10 hours ago, Chris223 said:

Not a fan of Lowry.  Anyone but him.  Westy, Holmes, Koepka even and I’m not a huge fan of him either 

Really? He seems likeable. I normally don't like fat golfers, but he seems cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Colin P.

Wow Koepka actually playing like this is a non-major. Maybe it’s the frustration of playing with Holmes.

Sounds like it’s about to get pretty wicked out there.

Edited by ChrisP

Let's go Fowler!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Looks like Koepka has learned that you don’t tell the world you are the best ball striker In the field... on Saturday.

And making reference to Lowry and Bethpage has definitely angered the golfing gods.

John

16 minutes ago, 70sSanO said:

Looks like Koepka has learned that you don’t tell the world you are the best ball striker In the field... on Saturday.

And making reference to Lowry and Bethpage has definitely angered the golfing gods.

John

Keopka is struggling...despite his eagle on 5.

Maybe his game is limited and can't handle the conditions or maybe he's just lost it because he has to play with the snail.  Who knows, but his race is run.

Lowry in short sleeves in this weather is quite impressive.  Might be one of the only ones at Royal Portrush out for a Summer stroll.

John

Note: This thread is 1733 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!