• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2019 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • Boy that is tempting. Being a lefty I’d be very tempted to hit a cut down there close. Especially with the high chance of shanking an iron into that tree line off the tee which of course would peel some bark off and head straight to the water.
    • Rules 5 and 6 tell us about playing the "round" and playing the "hole." Purpose of Rule: Rule 5 covers how to play a round – such as where and when a player may practise on the course before or during a round, when a round starts and ends and what happens when play has to stop or resume. Players are expected to: Start each round on time, and Play continuously and at a prompt pace during each hole until the round is completed. When it is a player’s turn to play, it is recommended that he or she make the stroke in no more than 40 seconds, and usually more quickly than that. Rule 5 - Playing the Round 5.1 Meaning of Round 5.2 Practising on Course Before or Between Rounds 5.3 Starting and Ending Round 5.4 Playing in Groups 5.5 Practising During Round or While Play Is Stopped 5.6 Unreasonable Delay; Prompt Pace of Play 5.7 Stopping Play; Resuming Play https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/rules/rules-2019/rules-of-golf/rules-and-interpretations.html#!ruletype=fr&section=rule&rulenum=5      
    • During spring break last year, I played a nice, but very tricky, course here in Durham.  It’s called Duke University Golf Club. It was probably $100/person, so definitely not cheap. From the tips, the course is a par 72, 7154 yards, course/slope rating 74.8/142. But, I played the whites, which was 6127 yards, course/slope rating 70.2/126. We started off on no 10, and I shot a 52. Then when we made the turn, I shot a 46 on the front for a 98 total. Very slick greens. On probably half the holes, if you missed the green, you had either a bunker shot or a really tough chip shot. My two favorite holes were 12 and 13 (our third and fourth on the day). The 11th is a downhill par 5, with a third shot over a creek. Then the twelfth was a short par 3 (130 from whites) over a lake. I believe I doubled both. But, if you’re in the RDU area, definitely a good course to check out.
    • Let's avoid drifting this into a political discussion. Try to keep it to being golf specific.
    • As you wish. That's the 13th at Southwinds in West Boca Raton.  Each of those white chords is about 150 yards.  Every once in a blue moon, they will have the tees far enough back that you are actually behind the tree line (you have to play this course from the back tees to feel the design).  On that occasion, you can pull out the 3-wood or something and really go for it, but that sorta nerfs the hole.  Also, you can see that final tree is huge  The others are a mass of tall areca palms.  But that last one is a white oak or something.  It gets in your way if you mishit the tee stroke.  Beyond that the hole is a cake walk.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Augie
      Augie
      (61 years old)
    2. Dukes1304
      Dukes1304
      (34 years old)
    3. Mmgolfwiz
      Mmgolfwiz
      (56 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...