IGNORED

Legs - Is Left Leg Straight Just a Beginner Thing?

PerfectStriking
Note: This thread is 1746 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is another good article from David Leadbetter about the power from the ground and force into the ground from the feet especially in transition being a big difference between pros and us...

instruction-2011-02-maar01_leadbetter_30

3 power moves the pros make that you don't.

Mark Lyons

• Administrator

I’m out all day but once again don’t confuse feel and what we have measured and know to be true.

The trail leg doesn’t do much of anything. The feet don’t do much of anything. And I’ve never said the left knee “locks.”

You’re being vague and talking about stuff that has literally been to topic of dissertations.

If you have a specific question, theory, idea, etc. cool. Share it. But this far I don’t agree with much that you’ve said and think the scope is entirely too large.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, iacas said:

I’m out all day but once again don’t confuse feel and what we have measured and know to be true.

The trail leg doesn’t do much of anything. The feet don’t do much of anything. And I’ve never said the left knee “locks.”

You’re being vague and talking about stuff that has literally been to topic of dissertations.

If you have a specific question, theory, idea, etc. cool. Share it. But this far I don’t agree with much that you’ve said and think the scope is entirely too large.

Feel the Force Erik, if you only knew the power of the Dark Side of Golf

Mark Lyons

Said Jar Jar Binks to Yoda.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 7/13/2019 at 5:47 AM, iacas said:

What's your point?

Feel ain't real. We know the trail leg doesn't do much during the downswing, and again we've never said the lead leg is "passive."

My buddy's former boss played college golf for Ohio State, so he was no slouch. His "feel" was that he started his downswing with his left shoulder. Yet, those of us watching saw his swing unfold from the ground up like most good swings! Yet, his "feel" served him well. He has a powerful game. 

Note: This thread is 1746 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!