37 posts / 2993 viewsLast Reply

Recently had to get my old set re-gripped, my old winn grips were falling apart as the clubs sat in the bag for a really long time. I went with some Iomic grips, not really sure I'm a fan of them now though! Yesterday I got to play my first full round of 18 under this good ol Florida Sunshine and their were times where these grips actually felt slick!!! I was wiping down my hands every chance I got and wear a glove on my left hand but sometimes it wasn't enough!

I'm thinking about replacing them with Winn DriTac Grips or Winn DriTac Wraps! What are your favorite grips?

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

11 minutes ago, ShawnSum said:

Recently had to get my old set re-gripped, my old winn grips were falling apart as the clubs sat in the bag for a really long time. I went with some Iomic grips, not really sure I'm a fan of them now though! Yesterday I got to play my first full round of 18 under this good ol Florida Sunshine and their were times where these grips actually felt slick!!! I was wiping down my hands every chance I got and wear a glove on my left hand but sometimes it wasn't enough!

I'm thinking about replacing them with Winn DriTac Grips or Winn DriTac Wraps! What are your favorite grips?

I haven't tried a lot of grips but, so far, I really like the Golf Pride CP2 grip with 3 wraps of tape. I get a good grip on the club and they seem to perform fairly well when wet, too.

Golf Pride New Decades...

A quick search on the site will  lead you to several threads on this very subject.  :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 minutes ago, Zippo said:

I haven't tried a lot of grips but, so far, I really like the Golf Pride CP2 grip with 3 wraps of tape. I get a good grip on the club and they seem to perform fairly well when wet, too

I have these on my new clubs and although I like them wish i had something else.   They are comfortable but when I played in the rain all weekend last month they were as slick as snot.   I won't replace them until they are worn out but I definitely will go with Pure grips next time.  Nothing will change my mind.  

Pure Grips, DTX Red.  On every club except my putter.  

I tried a different Pure Grip a few years ago, wasn't that impressed... I wasn't unimpressed, it just seemed like other grips.  Then I picked these up, but then I got new irons and couldn't bring myself to replace all my clubs with their new grips with different ones -- it felt wasteful to me.

A month or so ago, a friend of mine and I regripped mine with these Pure grips.  He had never used an air compressor to put on grips, despite having put on a lot of grips in his time!  He thought it was fun and interesting, I got new grips on and to hang out with my friend, and now I really like these grips.

Golf Pride Tour Velvet in mid-size.  They are inexpensive, clean up well, and last for years.  

PURE Grips FTMFW. DTX Midsize. 

Winn grips are probably the worst grips on the market when it comes to longevity.

lamkin full cord.  They tear your hands/glove up, but haven't found a better combo for my VERY sweaty hands in TN humidity than those grips and FJ rain grip gloves.

10 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Winn grips are probably the worst grips on the market when it comes to longevity.

My experience as well.  Winn had some promotion a few years ago where I was at my local golf shop and they had a free Winn regrip.  My driver needed a regrip so I got it done with the promotion.  I think that grip lasted six months, and that was during my era of "practice short game primarily" so it isn't like I was hitting a bunch of driver shots at the range. 

1 hour ago, Shindig said:

My experience as well.  Winn had some promotion a few years ago where I was at my local golf shop and they had a free Winn regrip.  My driver needed a regrip so I got it done with the promotion.  I think that grip lasted six months, and that was during my era of "practice short game primarily" so it isn't like I was hitting a bunch of driver shots at the range. 

Interesting. Maybe Winn isn't the same brand I remember them as 10 years ago. I just remember not having any issues at all before I stopped playing and my clubs originally had Winn xi7's on irons and I had a Winn Wrap on my driver. The guy at the shop did tell me that the Wrap on the driver would probably need to be replaced before the other ones but it felt amazing so I didn't care.

1 hour ago, ncates00 said:

lamkin full cord.  They tear your hands/glove up, but haven't found a better combo for my VERY sweaty hands in TN humidity than those grips and FJ rain grip gloves.

Have you used Golf Pride Z cord? I’ve used those for the same problem and they are rough as tree bark and will not slip.

1 hour ago, ncates00 said:

Agree. Crossline full cord. Closest thing to wrapping sandpaper around your shafts, but those suckers aren't going anywhere. You can dunk those grips in a bucket and go hit balls with them.

That being said, I might try some Royal Grip cords next as they seem to have good reviews and cost what the Lamkins did 15 years ago.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Have you used Golf Pride Z cord? I’ve used those for the same problem and they are rough as tree bark and will not slip.

I might try it out next regrip.  I've heard of them and held a grip handle in hand before with that grip, but went back with old reliable.

4 hours ago, Piz said:

Golf Pride Tour Velvet in mid-size.  They are inexpensive, clean up well, and last for years.  

And... Tour Velvet grips are by far the most popular grips used on tour. That must mean something, when they can have whatever they want for free.

People often assume that the most expensive grips are "the best".

I used New Decades for a few years but now use Tour Velvet and Lamkin REL 3 Gen. I much prefer them. 

Edited by leftybutnotPM

11 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I have these on my new clubs and although I like them wish i had something else.   They are comfortable but when I played in the rain all weekend last month they were as slick as snot.   I won't replace them until they are worn out but I definitely will go with Pure grips next time.  Nothing will change my mind.  

Well, dang! And I was just about to offer you a million bucks to stay with these grips! :-D 

Seriously, I mistakenly said I use "CP2" grips but I actually have the "CP2 Pro" grips with 3 wraps. Sorry for the mistake.

20 hours ago, leftybutnotPM said:

And... Tour Velvet grips are by far the most popular grips used on tour. That must mean something, when they can have whatever they want for free.

People often assume that the most expensive grips are "the best".

I used New Decades for a few years but now use Tour Velvet and Lamkin REL 3 Gen. I much prefer them. 

The Tour Velvet are very good grips when brand new, but in my experience, they lose tackiness fairly quickly.  For a Tour player, who can have new grips put on his clubs every day of the week, longevity isn't an issue, but these may not be great choice for those of us who want our grips to last for a while.

My personal choice is Iomic X-Evolution.  They stay pretty tacky for a very long time, even when things get wet.  Second choice is Pure DTX.

22 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

My personal choice is Iomic X-Evolution.  They stay pretty tacky for a very long time, even when things get wet.

Those look slippery.  Do you have sweaty hands and/or play in humidity?  I can't even play without a rain glove and full cords, and even then I gotta towel everything and hope for the best.