Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dennyjones

Ann Arbor Men's Golf Championship

9 posts / 1078 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

From MLive:  @tlazzol and I have played with @JKnowlton at Leslie Park.   Pretty cool!

Ann Arbor men’s golf championship decided in playoff; final results

Matt Paterini won the The 2019 City of Ann Arbor Men's Golf Championship at Leslie Park Golf Course in a playoff. (Photo used with permission from Jon Keller)

Matt Paterini won the The 2019 City of Ann Arbor Men's Golf Championship at Leslie Park Golf Course in a playoff. (Photo used with permission from Jon Keller)

 

By Ryan Zuke | rzuke1@mlive.com

ANN ARBOR -- The 2019 City of Ann Arbor Men’s Golf Championship at Leslie Park Golf Course was decided in a playoff.  Matt Paterini birdied No. 1 -- the playoff hole -- to edge Brendan Petzak for his sixth city championship.  Paterini and Petzak, a sophomore golfer at Madonna University, both finished three-over-par through 54 holes of the three-day tournament.  Jon Keller finished third at five-over, holing out from 140 yards on No. 18.

Below are the top 20 finishers of the 81 golfers who participated.

T1. Brandon Petzak, +3, 74 71 74 -- 219

T1. Matt Paterini +3, 71 73 75 -- 219

3. Jon Keller +9, 77 73 75 -- 225

4. Alex Derksen +13, 82 76 71 -- 229

5. Sam Holland +14, 79 75 76 -- 230

6. Mike Shearer +17, 73 78 82 -- 233

T7. Peter Ojeda +18, 82 74 78 -- 234

T7. Fritz Reifert +18, 76 80 78 -- 234

T9. John Knowlton +19, 80 79 76 -- 235

T9. Terry Jourdain +19, 81 76 78 -- 235

T11. Mathew Grasley +20, 80 78 78 -- 236

T11. Mark Stevenson +20, 83 73 80 -- 236

13. Michael Tooley +21, 81 78 78 -- 237

T14. Junichi Miura +22, 84 78 76 -- 238

T14. Brendan Britz +22, 80 78 80 -- 238

16. Gabe Crowner +23, 80 79 80 -- 239

T17. Chris Riley +25, 82 82 77 -- 241

T17. Spencer Derksen +25, 77 83 81-- 241

T19. Brad Huttenga +26, 77 87 78 -- 242

T19. Tim Helber +26, 80 77 85 -- 242

@bkuehn1952!   

Edited by dennyjones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

It was a tough weekend, very hot and humid, the course was dry and firm. Lots of big scores. 

I didn’t see you this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, criley4way said:

It was a tough weekend, very hot and humid, the course was dry and firm. Lots of big scores. 

I didn’t see you this year

Did you play in the tournament?

I don't play in tournaments but played Leslie Park back in June.   Maybe the stars will align and we can get a Michigan golf meetup again.

Edited by dennyjones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

50 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Did you play in the tournament?

I don't play in tournaments but played Leslie Park back in June.   Maybe the stars will align and we can get a Michigan golf meetup again.

Yep 1st in 2nd flight, T17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

29th consecutive Ann Arbor Men's Championship for me.  Walked and carried my bag all three days.  83/90/83 for a tie for 45th place.  Only 37 strokes behind the the winner. 😉

As Chris said, the conditions were hot and windy, especially Saturday.  The firm greens, wind and need for me to hit some loooong approaches found me at the back of the green putting down some very speedy greens.  40+ of my 90 shots were putts.

If my game doesn't go more downhill, I will try for 30 next year.  Plus we have the Senior Championship in August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, bkuehn1952 said:

29th consecutive Ann Arbor Men's Championship for me.  Walked and carried my bag all three days.  83/90/83 for a tie for 45th place.  Only 37 strokes behind the the winner. 😉

As Chris said, the conditions were hot and windy, especially Saturday.  The firm greens, wind and need for me to hit some loooong approaches found me at the back of the green putting down some very speedy greens.  40+ of my 90 shots were putts.

If my game doesn't go more downhill, I will try for 30 next year.  Plus we have the Senior Championship in August.

Don't Forget a new Greens keeper who had come of the approach/landing areas rock hard and a combination of greens (partially due to the different base in some greens from what I have been told).

Saturday was tough with the weather and a lot of new/strange tee boxes. And 37th is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Those scores seem awfully high for a city championship. I know the city championship here you have to shoot double digits under par to win. Last time I played I shot 4 under total and got blitzed by 11 strokes. Took 8th place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, NM Golf said:

Those scores seem awfully high for a city championship. I know the city championship here you have to shoot double digits under par to win. Last time I played I shot 4 under total and got blitzed by 11 strokes. Took 8th place.

Different course and different town. Usually there are a few low shooters even in Los Angeles +3 would be top 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sign in to follow this  




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...