IGNORED

Good or Bad if Competitive Scores are Dropping?

Note: This thread is 1711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 hours ago, Shindig said:

The way handicaps work in the United States is your 20 most recent rounds are considered;  the ten best differentials are averaged (and multiplied by .96, but that isn't relevant).  So taking just your five best rounds isn't indicative.  

If you don't know your however many most recent rounds, start recording them going forward.  Start a spreadsheet in Google Docs;  record the date, score, and tees played.  Record the course rating and slope rating (these should be printed on the scorecard, or easily available at your club) for the tees you played.  If you scored over a 9 on any hole, compute what your score would be if you had a 9 on that hole instead. 

After you have a few of these, we can get your formula ready to have a more accurate estimate of your handicap.

You don't need to be a pro to have an official handicap.  You don't even need to have ever broken 110.  Just a desire to have one is enough to get least get an unofficial one.

Are your competitive rounds played net golf?  Most clubs have a net division for people who aren't regularly shooting near par. 

No net division, its either you control your nerves and win, or do the opposite.

57 minutes ago, KrisF said:

No net division, its either you control your nerves and win, or do the opposite.

Consider looking for a club that has handicap tournaments.  If 11.x is the average of your best rounds, you're probably going to enjoy the competition more when it's who played best compared to ability.  Look in particular for flights.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, KrisF said:

Nope, that’s incorrect too.

Its getting stranger by every post you make here. I think you first need to find out your true handicap. My guess is its more like 20-25 then 11. If you are a beginner, scores north of 110 during competitive rounds are not that strange (as a 20+). For instance if you are playing those competitive rounds on other (longer?, more difficult?) courses then you normally play. Or if you play them on your home course from longer tees. You are showing us not even half the picture, so answers to your question are a wild guess.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:12 PM, KrisF said:

I never used an official GHIN one because I thought you had to be a Pro Golfer or something in the likes.

Now I'm getting it. Please go to the GHIN site and the Texas Golf Association site. Find out what your "home golf assn" is if you don't belong to a club that offers GHIN service (mine is the Fort Worth Golf Assn). Sign up for about $35 annually, start posting your scores,  and voila! your very own GHIN. Please do this; it's great and many benefits from TGA. Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

15 hours ago, MacDutch said:

Nope, that’s incorrect too.

Its getting stranger by every post you make here. I think you first need to find out your true handicap. My guess is its more like 20-25 then 11. If you are a beginner, scores north of 110 during competitive rounds are not that strange (as a 20+). For instance if you are playing those competitive rounds on other (longer?, more difficult?) courses then you normally play. Or if you play them on your home course from longer tees. You are showing us not even half the picture, so answers to your question are a wild guess.

I refuse to show the full picture. I am not a beginner and I threw my old handicap out the window and I am done with doing handicaps.

2 minutes ago, KrisF said:

I refuse to show the full picture. I

Well then you can’t expect much from our answers. Look, this is just golf. It’s not some psychological, kool-aid drinkin’ social warfare experiment. If you’re just wanting some attention it will be limited. If you’re just trying to see how annoying you can be, it’s tiresome. Stop with the nonsense and let it go. There are some great people here and tons of good information. Enjoy it and/or learn from it. But come on man....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Well then you can’t expect much from our answers. Look, this is just golf. It’s not some psychological, kool-aid drinkin’ social warfare experiment. If you’re just wanting some attention it will be limited. If you’re just trying to see how annoying you can be, it’s tiresome. Stop with the nonsense and let it go. There are some great people here and tons of good information. Enjoy it and/or learn from it. But come on man....

First off, I do not intend to annoy. Secondly, I just want to see what people say, and get answers based off the question and the question only...

• Administrator
1 minute ago, KrisF said:

First off, I do not intend to annoy. Secondly, I just want to see what people say, and get answers based off the question and the question only...

That’s not gonna happen. When you ask if shooting tournament scores of no lower than 114 off an 11.2 is “good” you’re gonna get these answers.

You’re not an 11.2.

And as for the “question only” who the heck is gonna say “no it’s bad if your scores are improving”?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)
3 minutes ago, iacas said:

That’s not gonna happen. When you ask if shooting tournament scores of no lower than 114 off an 11.2 is “good” you’re gonna get these answers.

You’re not an 11.2.

And as for the “question only” who the heck is gonna say “no it’s bad if your scores are improving”?

Well im looking for someone who had the same issue and there scores were gradually coming down in tournament golf but then it caused them to fail instead of improve.

And no im obviously not 11.2 in tournaments.

Edited by KrisF

On 7/19/2019 at 12:39 AM, KrisF said:

Note: My handicap isnt based off my competitive golf scores.

That's not how golf or your handicap in golf works. You can't just decide which scores get used for handicap and which scores get thrown under the rug if you want to be taken seriously. If you want to establish an actual real handicap I would suggest recording all rounds played, only exception to this imo is if you are going out to play a round and you want to practice something new and see how it works in a real world situation.

Good luck out there.

:titleist:

:tmade:

(edited)
3 minutes ago, ShawnSum said:

That's not how golf or your handicap in golf works. You can't just decide which scores get used for handicap and which scores get thrown under the rug if you want to be taken seriously. If you want to establish an actual real handicap I would suggest recording all rounds played, only exception to this imo is if you are going out to play a round and you want to practice something new and see how it works in a real world situation.

Good luck out there.

At this rate, why would I even establish an actual handicap? Its quite obvious that I dont know how to do it. So, why keep bringing it up? Im done...

Just now, KrisF said:

At this rate, why would I even establish an actual handicap? Its quite obvious that I dont know how to do it. So, why keep bringing it up? Im done...

Every place I join searching for answers and no one understands me. I give up.

Edited by KrisF

It's really not that complicated, but since you insist on acting like it requires a doctorate degree or something similar I'm gonna chalk this entire post up to attention seeking. 

:titleist:

:tmade:

37 minutes ago, ShawnSum said:

It's really not that complicated, but since you insist on acting like it requires a doctorate degree or something similar I'm gonna chalk this entire post up to attention seeking. 

I think it does require a doctorate degree. With a psychological specialty. This individual needs serious help.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, KrisF said:

What do they have in common man? You.

I told you to start a general “how do handicaps work?” topic. You aren’t doing it.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, KrisF said:

I refuse to show the full picture.

And for some reason:

2 hours ago, KrisF said:

This. Read these quotes from you. Again. Get it? 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

(edited)
3 hours ago, Vinsk said:

And for some reason:

This. Read these quotes from you. Again. Get it? 

Yep, I got big time psychological issues. 

Edited by KrisF

Yep, I got big time psychological issues. 

You need to seek the help you need. Your aggressive and abrasive nature aren't working.

If you ARE just trolling, it's old already. 

Just now, leftybutnotPM said:

You need to seek the help you need. Your aggressive and abrasive nature aren't working.

If you ARE just trolling, it's old already. 

Like I said im not effing trolling, and yes I probably do need help

Note: This thread is 1711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!