cutchemist42

Practical Golf: The Dangers of YouTube Instruction

6 posts / 1118 viewsLast Reply

youtube-instagram-golf-swing-tips.jpg

YouTube and Instagram are popular places for golf swing...

I've been guilty of the YT rabbit hole and have been enjoying getting off the videos finally trying to find the next tip.

Anyone else fall down the rabbit hole?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

You tube has both good, and bad swing instruction available. .

Like any kind of swing instruction, it's the student golfer's responsibility to learn enough about the game of golf, to be able to separate between the good, and bad aspects of the instruction being given to them. 

Sometimes the student has to be savy enough to throw out the bad, while retaining the good aspects of the same instructor's video(s). 

Many are unaware of this… but PGA Tour players are like regular golfers. They'll troll YouTube looking at videos. I've gotten emails from them about some of my videos, and if you talk with them, they'll ask you about videos on YouTube, or talk about them amongst each other, etc.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:27 PM, iacas said:

Many are unaware of this… but PGA Tour players are like regular golfers. They'll troll YouTube looking at videos. I've gotten emails from them about some of my videos, and if you talk with them, they'll ask you about videos on YouTube, or talk about them amongst each other, etc.

Very neat to know.

Related question then....how many tour players have coaches then? Are they just looking it up in addition to what their coaches or are there guys figuring it out solo?

My advice, stay far, far away from youtube. If what your doing, working on, or proper instruction is showing improvements don't let any other ideas creep into your head. I don't care if it's youtube, a former instructor or a trusted friend.