KrisF

Are There Any Current PGA Tour Players That Struggled in Their High School Years?

9 posts / 1271 viewsLast Reply

Ive always wondered this myself because every current golfer I looked up they all shot decently low scores in there High School years.

Current is an interesting question, and I don't know.  But in the past, some players were such;  for example, I know Calvin Peete didn't play in high school, but he isn't on the tour anymore. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Are you just wondering if there are tour players who got a late start? I’m sure there are players on tour who weren’t stars in either high school or college. 

Y E 

Yang started at age 19.He is still on tour, but ranked 229 FedEx Cup.

18 hours ago, KrisF said:

Ive always wondered this myself because every current golfer I looked up they all shot decently low scores in there High School years.

Yes amazing isn't it, to think that the world's current best payers played well in their teens.

With very few exceptions, of course this is the case. Thera are a couple who picked up the game relatively late, Norman and Yang, and they certainly didn't struggle too much ;-)

I'll also suggest that every one of them "struggled" in their high school years - but that their definition of struggling may not line up with the average golfer's idea of struggling. They al had areas in their game they know that they needed to improve.

I have to say that I find your questions odd. They seem almost completely random. Surely you know the answers to all of them and can anticipate 100% the community response.

Edited by leftybutnotPM

18 hours ago, KrisF said:

Decently low scores? Struggled in their higschool years? What are you asking here?

19 hours ago, KrisF said:

They might have struggled when they were 5 years old, but by high school, the best players on the team are really good once they’ve hit puberty and can swing really fast.

22 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

Decently low scores? Struggled in their higschool years? What are you asking here?

My guess is that he's in high school and thinks that beacuae he's not a very good player it is proof that he will become a succesful Tour player. 😎

On 7/20/2019 at 3:49 PM, leftybutnotPM said:

My guess is that he's in high school and thinks that beacuae he's not a very good player it is proof that he will become a succesful Tour player. 😎

Ha ha ha, Funny...