14 posts / 1424 viewsLast Reply

Ping G15 9 degree with an April’s Serrano R shaft

Taylormade RBZ 3hl fairway wood

Callaway Epic Flash 7 wood adjusted to 20 degrees

Callaway Big Bertha 4i Hybrid adjusted to 23 degrees

Taylormade Tour Preferred CB 5-AW

Cleveland 588 Gunmetal 56 and 60 wedges

Vons SS398 putter at 32 inches (anser style)

considering a driver change.  The rest is pretty set.  Debating adding a 5 hybrid and dropping the 5 iron.  But, hitting it to 8 ft today on a par three may end that debate.  Yeah, I sunk the birdie putt.  

Also debating a midsize putter grip too.

I am a single digit handicap getting back into the game after a hiatus.

thoughts?

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Being a single digit handicapper it looks and sounds like you know what u need in the bag to play to your game.

If u add a 5h make sure it's adjustable since it might go too far and clutter the top end of the bag.  Midsize putter grip won't hurt you either, just don't go crazy.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cobra F7 Single Length Irons 5-SW                                                                                                                                                 Cobra FlyZ 3-4 FW                                                                                                                                                                         Cobra FlyZ 5-7 FW                                                                                                                                                                   TaylorMade M3 Driver                                                                                                                                                                   Odyssey 0 Work Putter

I regripped my putter with a Scotty Cameron Matador midsize grip.  I tested three drivers.  Taylormade M6, Ping G410 and Calloway Epic Flash.  Also hit my current driver.  Turns out my Ping G15 was as long as the longest of the three - the M6. No compelling need to change.  May look at new wedges.

Going for a driver fitting tomorrow morning.  Interested to see the results.  I have an appointment with Club Champion.

Difficult to see many changes needed to that set.  Try out the 5 hybrid against the 5 iron at Club Champion and pick according to your needs.  I guess the criteria would be accuracy, distance and forgiveness.

Not to nitpick, but was the 5 iron you hit today a normal shot or one of those freakishly good shots that comes along once in a round.  I only ask because I have pulled my 3 and 4 irons out of the bag and replaced it with a 4 hybrid.  As I age and play less golf, I struggle to get the clubhead speed necessary to hit lower lofted irons easily 😢

I've been looking at 5 hybrids as well. Which ones are you considering?

Edited by GoldenEagle
posted in wrong thread

10 hours ago, GoldenEagle said:

I've been looking at 5 hybrids as well. Which ones are you considering?

The Callaway Big Bertha hybrid.  Although an Epic Flash hybrid just came out.

Took the new driver and 5i hybrid on the course today.  Bought a Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 with Project X evenflow 55 shaft and a Callaway Big Bertha 5i hybrid.  Both performed well.  Driver was long with improved trajectory and ball flight.  The 5i hybrid went straight with high trajectory and good distance.  Both are excellent upgrades.

917 12 degree driver

917 16.5 degree 4 wood

3-pw Nike forged blades (the old ones)

56 and 60 degree texan wedges

Sam Snead double sided putter.

Learn to hit long irons within a couple of yards. It will pay off.....I think

Edited by Bonvivant

On 8/4/2019 at 10:00 PM, txgolfer45 said:

The Callaway Big Bertha hybrid.  Although an Epic Flash hybrid just came out.

I've always liked Cobra hybrids and fairway woods.

On 8/10/2019 at 11:16 PM, txgolfer45 said:

Took the new driver and 5i hybrid on the course today.  Bought a Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 with Project X evenflow 55 shaft and a Callaway Big Bertha 5i hybrid.  Both performed well.  Driver was long with improved trajectory and ball flight.  The 5i hybrid went straight with high trajectory and good distance.  Both are excellent upgrades.

Good for you.