KrisF

Brooks Koepka Catch-All Discussion

91 posts / 6848 viewsLast Reply

13 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

When I was growing up, my friends and I would always imagine a golfer that was like a WWE villain.

We would imagine a guy who would knock the pen out of a kids hand who wanted an autograph. A guy who would tell other players to shove it. An over the top mean, badass villain

• Do I think he’s an ass: yes
  • Do I think he’s a bad friend: yes
  • Do I think he’s mean: yes
  • Do I think he’s contrived: yes

Now that such a character has appeared, I am duty bound to root for him.

So—-Go Brooks, get to 10 majors.

(Spieth is still my favorite, but he’s been body-snatched.) 

I think your neighborhood was more creative than my neighborhood.

57 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I think your neighborhood was more creative than my neighborhood.

That’s the nicest thing I’ve ever seen you post

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, TN94z said:

I think Rory was just using that as a springboard to voice the fact that people get tired of hearing it. 

On a side note, has Brooks made any comments on Reed? I could see Reed coming back at Brooks harder than anyone as he really doesn't care what people think.

He was asked what he thought Reid was doing during the bunker incident at the Hero World Challenge in 2019. Koepka  said: “I mean, I don’t know what he was doing, building sandcastles in the sand? but you know where your club is. I took three months off, and I can promise you I know if I touched sand.” 

I don't think Reid was in any position to come back at him.

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

How about Patrick Reed? 🙂

He must be talking about Mike Reid. Radar.

4 hours ago, smdillon said:

Give anyone on this side of the Atlantic a choice between Rory or Brooks of who to go out for a few pints with, it would be Brooks every time.

Hard pass. I’d rather hang out with Rory any day.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

How about Patrick Reed? 🙂

Him too.

17 minutes ago, billchao said:

You're not on this side of the Atlantic. I think its a cultural thing. A lot of American's love him. 

11 hours ago, billchao said:

Absolutely. Rory is funny too. I would ask him first about the proper grip to use when flinging a 3 iron into a pond.

Does anyone else find it funny how silly he looks right now? After weeks of poor performances and pressers where he's asked about injury and keeps just saying "nope, everything is fine", he finally breaks down and admits that he is hurt.

3 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

Does anyone else find it funny how silly he looks right now? After weeks of poor performances and pressers where he's asked about injury and keeps just saying "nope, everything is fine", he finally breaks down and admits that he is hurt.

Never show weakness!

9 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Never show weakness!

To me it looks like "never be honest". Everyone could tell he was struggling, and there was a reason that he kept getting asked questions about it. To deny, deny deny, and then get down to the last three weeks of the season and fess up looks silly. I guess there could be an argument made for trying to finish out the season, but lying about his health over and over is a bad look to me.

Also, his golf game has been showing plenty of weakness anyhow.

Edited by Bonvivant

14 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

To me it looks like "never be honest". Everyone could tell he was struggling, and there was a reason that he kept getting asked questions about it. To deny, deny deny, and then get down to the last three weeks of the season and fess up looks silly. I guess there could be an argument made for trying to finish out the season, but lying about his health over and over is a bad look to me.

Also, his golf game has been showing plenty of weakness anyhow.

Well, i think it might be for his own perception. Maybe accepting he was injured would be a detriment to his focus. Who knows. 

I have a feeling he will come back very strong for the US Open. It probably eats at him a little bit for the performance at PGA Championship and missing playoffs.  He will want to come back big.

9 minutes ago, phillyk said:

I have a feeling he will come back very strong for the US Open. It probably eats at him a little bit for the performance at PGA Championship and missing playoffs.  He will want to come back big.

I'm sure he will want to, but I don't think he will be able to.  It appears that he came back too soon form his knee injury, favored the knee, and now has injured his hip.  That's not a good combo.  He needs to get healthy and come back playing well in the majors.

2 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

He’s more a baseball player mentality. Hockey is similar. Plus…

2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Well, i think it might be for his own perception. Maybe accepting he was injured would be a detriment to his focus. Who knows. 

… that.

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Maybe accepting he was injured would be a detriment to his focus.

Pretty tough when you have a trainer stretching you out every hole and a half. I can appreciate the sentiment, but I still think him just full blown denying it post round is silly when everyone has seen him laying in the grass every 20-30 minutes.