IGNORED

2019 FedExCup Playoffs

iacas
Note: This thread is 1697 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

23 hours ago, Golpher123 said:

What is the purpose of rectangular hole in lake on 11th hole at East Lake?

Here is the picture of this on top left.

Thanks

Portal to the bowels of Hell.  Actually, it's a wormhole directly to any of the 27,000 Waffle Houses in the Atlanta area.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

BK is coming undone. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Yeah, Koepka is losing it out there.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

17 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

BK is coming undone. 

Maybe he could use the zip-tie on his Off-White Nikes to tie himself back together.

Seriously though, this is McIlroy's to lose.  No one is pressing him when he makes a mistake.

Aaaaand... apparently I have jinxed him.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Rory joins Tiger's club of players that's won the FedEx Cup twice.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Congrats Rory.  Absolutely deserved.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Good for Rory. Ole Moose laid an egg.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I really liked Rory’s comment that he wanted to win shooting the lowest normal (non-adjusted) score, which he did at -13 for the tournament.  He mentioned the birdie on 18.

I think that speaks volumes that the players are aware who really shot the low score.

John

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 70sSanO said:

I really liked Rory’s comment that he wanted to win shooting the lowest normal (non-adjusted) score, which he did at -13 for the tournament.  

Yep. And this comment of his was even better:

"It's definitely a thought that came into my head, 'how can we make ourselves more relatable to the fans?', and having $15m front and centre isn't probably the best way to do it."

• Like 1

Rory is a real pleasure to watch when he is playing well.  I can't say that about every golfer I've ever watched.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

5 minutes ago, Piz said:

Rory is a real pleasure to watch when he is playing well.  I can't say that about every golfer I've ever watched.  

I was watching a replay of the 2014 PGA Championship earlier today, and then watched the final round. I think I took him for granted earlier in his career. He's so damn fun to watch when he's on. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

2012...don't you mean?

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

9 minutes ago, Piz said:

2012...don't you mean?

No, the 2014 one at Valhalla. (Though I did just now watch some highlights from the 2012 PGA at Kiawah.)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

He's got the entire game when he's on, but watching those drives is something special.

Yeah I’ve always said when Rory is on, he is as close to Tiger in his prime as you will get. It’s just not a lot, unfortunately. It comes and goes. And it usually has to do with the putter. That’s usually the club that kills him. When it’s on, watch out.

17 hours ago, 70sSanO said:

I really liked Rory’s comment that he wanted to win shooting the lowest normal (non-adjusted) score, which he did at -13 for the tournament.  He mentioned the birdie on 18.

I think that speaks volumes that the players are aware who really shot the low score.

(they live with 4 day tournaments - of course they are aware of the winner of that tournament and respect it the most - winning over 4 days is what they train on, it's what's they live for)

So a win of the 4 day tournament - had they regarded it as such.

Wins the cup regardless of the new or old format.  I like this one.  The "oh it's so confusing and annoying to have two people with two different things" crowd wouldn't have had to worry this year.

Wins with a bigger margin than Brook's lost ball penalty.

If you are going to put it away, put it away like you mean it.

Bill - 

My point was, if you win the Tour Championship by being the low shot score you won’t have face a ration of... the next year if you won because of the negative strokes given at the onset.

If that were the case, you’ll probably be asked how many strokes do you need to be spotted every time you tee it up at a tournament.

I’m guessing that if Koepka had won by a stroke over McIlroy, Rory would not have been too happy to have out shot Brooks and lost; regardless of why the format was established.

John

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1697 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!