IGNORED

Golf Bike

Note: This thread is 1507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Golf Bike  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ride one? Comment below.

• Yes
    • No

How about a powered skateboard?

See the source image

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 7/25/2019 at 7:39 PM, iacas said:

I thought the topic was about this:

These are cool,plus I like the way the guy drove to the tee and pulled driver and hit straight away with a great swing.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I’ve ridden enough bikes, including mountain bikes, but I wouldn’t do it.  I don’t know what the electric golf bike weighs, but I’m guessing 40lbs or so.  The video for the electric cycle said it only weighed 70lbs so you can take it anywhere.  70lbs??? Really... take it anywhere.

That is the real issue.  Unless you are going to roll down your driveway and bike to the course, you’ll need some sort of bike rack or have to lift it into a truck or van.  What a hassle.

For a 40lb+ e-bike, you might want a hitch mounted rack.  Depending on the model, you probably want to put your clubs in the trunk first, then put the rack into the receiver, lift the 40lb bike, and lock it so it won’t get stolen.  Now you’re ready to drive to the course.  When you get there, just reverse the process.  Be aware that the rack might be in the way and make it tougher to get the clubs out of the trunk.

John

On 7/25/2019 at 10:33 AM, CarlSpackler said:

I played with a guy a few weeks ago that had a Golf Bike. He bought it off of someone who didn't want it anymore, but they had replaced the front wheel with one that has an electric motor. At first, I thought this looked goofy but quickly took notice of how he progressed from shot to shot with speed and ease. Several other people came over and took pictures and asked him about it. It turned out to be quite the conversation piece.

apisy3nkx__88660.1468952770.500.750.jpg?

Shipping Instructions: If you order your Golf Bike directly from us, Golf Bike will send it to you through their Ready Golf Delivery Program. Golf Bik

I added a poll to find out who would ride one of these around the course. Would the electric motor conversion make a difference?

Starting off, I voted Yes. I enjoy biking and think this would be a fun and fast way to get around a golf course despite how goofy it might look. The downside would be that I would get to my ball quicker and therefore spend more time waiting on the group in front of me. Then again, maybe they would be more inclined to let me play though.

Was it Dan in the quota game? I played with him about 3-4 weeks ago and he was always first to his ball. I asked him many questions about it and would love to own one someday. The only downside is being about to carry extra stuff that probably doesn't fit in there.

I think I would be playing my rounds on Dales in under an hour if I had one of those and the course was empty, lol.

On 10/23/2019 at 3:19 PM, 70sSanO said:

I’ve ridden enough bikes, including mountain bikes, but I wouldn’t do it.  I don’t know what the electric golf bike weighs, but I’m guessing 40lbs or so.  The video for the electric cycle said it only weighed 70lbs so you can take it anywhere.  70lbs??? Really... take it anywhere.

That is the real issue.  Unless you are going to roll down your driveway and bike to the course, you’ll need some sort of bike rack or have to lift it into a truck or van.  What a hassle.

For a 40lb+ e-bike, you might want a hitch mounted rack.  Depending on the model, you probably want to put your clubs in the trunk first, then put the rack into the receiver, lift the 40lb bike, and lock it so it won’t get stolen.  Now you’re ready to drive to the course.  When you get there, just reverse the process.  Be aware that the rack might be in the way and make it tougher to get the clubs out of the trunk.

John

If it is the same guy I saw and talked extensively with, he said it takes about 10-15 minutes to set up when he gets to the course. He drives a small SUV or crossover, and they guy he bought it from included a hitch mounded rack. He is older, so the weight might have something to do with set up time. I am sure putting clubs and balls in takes time too. But the speed with which he got to his ball was impressive. Probably 2 times as fast as the guys in normal golf carts, because he was pedaling as well as using the electric motor on a very flat course.

I think I would only use one of these if I was a single and the course is wide open, or at least open enough where the people I catch understand quickly that I intend to play through.

Addition: This thing will not help the pace of play if you don't play fast, or the course is crowded. It may save you some coin on cart fees if you normally ride, though.

Edited by Bonvivant
addition
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

2 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

Was it Dan in the quota game? I played with him about 3-4 weeks ago and he was always first to his ball. I asked him many questions about it and would love to own one someday. The only downside is being about to carry extra stuff that probably doesn't fit in there.

Yep. That's the one.

- Shane

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 10:39 PM, iacas said:

I thought the topic was about this:

I thought so too.  This one yes, that “golf bike”...no, I’d take my “yes” vote back.

This would be a big no from me.

I commute on my bike, and love riding for fitness and entertainment, but this just seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

3 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

I wonder what Vinsk’s thoughts would be now with a “bike”!!!

OUCH!    I had to chuckle a bit though...  Hey @Vinsk.    This one's for you!

• Like 2

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

On 7/25/2019 at 3:10 PM, billchao said:

At that price I'm certainly not buying one and I'd assume if a course had them they would charge to rent them, so I think I'd rather walk.

I didn't catch the price, but I am on vacation in Florida now and I have played a couple of times at a muni down here. They charge $2 to rent these so my guess is that they aren't too popular. I am hoping that when my 25 yo son comes down this will get him excited about playing with me and his grandpa.

• 2 months later...

So for 10 bucks you can rent a bicycle to use on our course. Its the one pictured below. We have 2 of them for rent. I'm kind of thinking about it. 

apisy3nkx__88660.1468952770.jpg

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

How wide are the tires?  I would think this could cause turf damage.  Is the bag shown fastened to the bike?  If yes then you have to transfer your bag contents to the bike.  The up side is you will be getting more exercise than riding in a cart.  Neat gimmick but I don't see it catching on.   

There’s a thread about these somewhere.

My own take.  Not on a bet!

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I like it, needs electric assist, bags balanced over the back tire, tires look over 2 1/2 inch wide, baby fat tires, I’d ride it. As I get older I may look to buy one, golf cart or bicycle? There’s no question there. 

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Note: This thread is 1507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!