krupa

Golf Digest Losing Pages?

10 posts / 506 viewsLast Reply

I'm at an airport and picked up a Golf Digest to read on my flight.  It seems really thin.  Are they using thinner paper or losing pages?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Losing pages. 

Print media is almost extinct.

Blame the millennials.

Bummer.  They're not helping themselves trying to sell such a thin magazine for $7.  Stupid millennials (and all the gen x and baby boomers who also aren't buying print.)

August 2019 issue 102 pages, of which about 21 are advertising. Both numbers definitely down from prior years. I subscribe to Golf Digest and Golf, each for about $12 per year or $1 per issue (vs. that $7 single issue price). Would guess that anybody who still enjoys reading these, subscribes and doesn't buy individual issues.

8 hours ago, shooter said:

Print media is almost extinct.

Blame the millennials.

8 hours ago, krupa said:

Stupid millennials (and all the gen x and baby boomers who also aren't buying print.)

Yeah blame millennials for everything becoming digital... Last time I checked the majority of the things that millennials consume digital content on were invented by baby boomers.... 

1 hour ago, klineka said:

Yeah blame millennials for everything becoming digital... Last time I checked the majority of the things that millennials consume digital content on were invented by baby boomers.... 

As if millennials were the target audience any way!  The two peeps you quoted are totally off base here.  

You bought the airline edition:  every ounts counce.

11 hours ago, ncates00 said:

As if millennials were the target audience any way!  The two peeps you quoted are totally off base here.  

As one of the peeps quoted, I want to point out that (a) I essentially included everyone in the blame for not buying print and  (b) I was being facetious.

If you get an annual subscription the cost Is quite reasonable.  I do rely much more on the internet for swing fixes and techniques which are free and abundant and I am a baby boomer.