Sign in to follow this  
phedrick

Perfection

14 posts / 802 viewsLast Reply

What makes the perfect round of golf for you?  Score, companionship, etc?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sunny day, very little wind, lots of anticipation, good golfing buddies, cart girl hits on me, the Italian Sports Drink doing its job and shooting a one-under 71.  Coming home (or to the nearest watering hole) for a celebratory gin & tonic.  BBQ chicken that evening.  Perfect.

If I'm out golfing, it's perfect.  I'm not good enough to get upset for more than a few seconds, and after a serious health scare three years ago, I really just appreciate the time.  Blue sky and green grass don't hurt, but I'm not too picky!

43 minutes ago, jlbos83 said:

If I'm out golfing, it's perfect.  I'm not good enough to get upset for more than a few seconds, and after a serious health scare three years ago, I really just appreciate the time.  Blue sky and green grass don't hurt, but I'm not too picky!

Well said.  Nothing like a health scare to make you appreciate the small things... even a triple bogey.  I'm betting you appreciate all kinds of small things.

4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Well said.  Nothing like a health scare to make you appreciate the small things... even a triple bogey.  I'm betting you appreciate all kinds of small things.

Quite true.  Sometimes the golf is better, sometimes it's worse, but it's all perfect!

7 minutes ago, jlbos83 said:

Quite true.  Sometimes the golf is better, sometimes it's worse, but it's all perfect!

I decided not to wait for a health scare to appreciate the small things... life is in the details...

Temperature in the 50's...a bit of wind...and an empty golf course.  It doesn't happen often but I relish the experience when it does.  Yeah...I should move.  That isn't an option just now.

Seeing a high, long (for me) little draw from the fairway....Time after time. The ball in flight inspires. Best, -Marv 

Good company, a good score, on, or near my target score, and no lost balls. Hell, even bad company is not that big of deal.

Maybe at least one really great shot helps. 

A good looking, friendly cart girl with super cold drinks is also a plus.  

Edited by Patch

Good company, good ball striking, good course, good weather....

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this