IGNORED

How Many Sets of Clubs Do You Own?

Note: This thread is 1696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just curious how many clubs/sets people own. I have 2 full sets of Sam Snead Blue Ridges (1W 3W 4W 2-9i and putter), about 3 more putters, 6 wedges, and a couple of random woods.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

At one time I had several sets. Maybe 6, or 7 sets. I built a pga guy's home, and sometimes he would just say "here take these". 

Right now I have two bags of gamers that I switch back and forth playing with. One being a regular bag of metal woods, and irons. The other is an all Ironwood bag, with a 4W.  Love playing those Ironwoods.

I also have a set of Hogans in a glass case. Won those in a raffle. Just too pretty to get dirty.

I just inherited a couple of sets from a deceased friend. These will eventually be donated to the local highschool if they want them. If not, probably my wife's charity stuff. 

I also have several loose drivers, and putters. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

One.

I gave my last set to my neighbor who is interested in learning the game, and have donated sets and individual clubs to The First Tee in the past.

I’ve never found a reason to keep more than one set of clubs, and would rather give an old set to someone deserving than try to scrounge a few bucks for it...

I have to admit.  I do have two or three putters in the garage. Because let’s face it, every now and then a putter needs a timeout.  ;-)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

50 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I have to admit.  I do have two or three putters in the garage. Because let’s face it, every now and then a putter needs a timeout.  ;-)

I use a double sided putter. Could never get used to the extra mass on new stuff lol

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

I have three iron sets now but plan to sell one. I have older driver and woods that I keep around in case of loss or theft. I only have two putters. I do have a few extra beat up wedges.

I have also donated to the First Tee. But lately, they are not receiving club donations up here.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Only ever had one set. Got a new set of irons being made right now and will trade in my current ones for some credit in the store when I pick the new ones up!

:titleist:

:tmade:

2 sets of irons, 3 drivers, 4 putters, 6 hybrids (various lofts) a driving iron, 2 #3 woods a 5 wood and for some strange reason a chipper that i used 3 times.

Always window shopping for new clubs though :-D

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Playing clubs (daily playing rotation subject to 14 club limit, or informal waiver thereof)
1 set irons (3-W), 2 hybrids, 2 wedges
1 driver, 1 3-wood 
2 putters (Scotty that I bought 13 years ago - Taylormade Spider I won )

Collectors sets (aka old clubs I've never thrown away)
1.89 sets of old hogans (2 sets, minus a 7 iron)
2 drivers (1 a persimmon), 3 fairway woods (2 persimmons)
an old circa late 70's Ping Anser putter
misc random wedges, off brand putters that my kids can use

Players play, tough players win!

Technically 4...

There's the set I play, Ping G700 irons with a Taylormade M4 driver and 3 wood.

There's a set of older Ping G20 irons I kept because I'm simply very fond of them. I also have some Titleist woods with a set of their old DCI Black irons. Lastly, I have a set of early 60s Walter Hagen Haig Ultra woods and irons I've made into a display in the livingroom.

In the case of the latter, I took the persimmon driver to the course one day. Obviously I couldn't hit it as far as my modern driver, but what was fun was seeing the look on a young friend's face when he hit a persimmon driver for the first time in his life.

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

I just have one set. At one time I had two sets, but that's because my uncle had given me his very old (from the early 70's) set when I was learning to play. Then I bought my own set, but kept the old set for a long while. I think we eventually sold them off in a garage sale. Wish I'd kept those persimmon woods though. They were pretty.

I only have 1 set, I sold my Nike CCi forged set 3 days ago after I received the Titleist 718 AP3's 7 days ago. I love how far the AP's hit but I should have gotten the AP2's which are forged.

Mizuno JPX800 HD irons and FLI-HI's that I may re-shaft. But I currently play the the TA6's and other clubs below except I only play one of the wedges. Also have 2 other driver (3 total), 2 other hybrids (3 and 2), a set of Adams 5 and 7 FW, and my deceased father-in-law's pristine Acushnet Bullseye putter. GOOD GRIEF! I'm a pack rat! Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

I honestly have no idea. Probably 4-5 sets, or partial sets, of irons, 3-4 Drivers, 2-3 putters, 3 old bags, various fairway woods and hybrids. Makes me think I should organize it all and donate it to First Tee or a high school or something. 

• Like 1

Far too many, most of which I haven't touched in years. When my boys were growing up and learning to play I got into club repair and then club building. I would buy closeout clone iron head sets and match them with shafts pulled from new sets being re-shafted by the pro at my course. I gave some away to my son's friends and kept others. A couple of old stand bags in my workshop are full of old woods and drivers from heaven-knows-where. Another bag has putters.

One of these days I'm going to cull the useful stuff and donate it.

My old but trusty bag is filled with clubs I built...Integra SoooLong 450 10.5°, Jackaroo II 13* 16* 23*  hybrids, Dynacraft irons and wedges...plus a sweet Tad Moore Peach putter.

Please check out my sports card/memorabilia blog: The Five Tool Collector

2 Sets plus one or 2 hybrids

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

Note: This thread is 1696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!