IGNORED

How Many Sets of Clubs Do You Own?

Note: This thread is 1674 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have:

Four sets of irons. six drivers. four bags, eleven putters, and an assortment of wedges, chippers, ball retrievers, and hundreds of balls.

My wife is on my ass about getting rid it all, (except the set I now use). I keep telling her she doesn't understand, one day I might need some of it. LOL

I do need to start getting rid of stuff, takes up to much room in the garage. I guess I should learn to sell on Ebay or something, but the hassle of boxing and shipping, getting paid, etc. And from what I can see my "stuff" isn't worth that much anyway. 

Maybe I can donate some of it, but where??

• Like 1

Well there are 4 sets at home.  One that I use, one my dad uses, one my mom uses and my dad's old set, which is now kept at his place for anytime I go there.  Easier to use a set there rather than carry clubs.  Additionally, we have around 10 to 20 clubs extra.  Some irons, some woods etc.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, cooke119 said:

I have:

Four sets of irons. six drivers. four bags, eleven putters, and an assortment of wedges, chippers, ball retrievers, and hundreds of balls.

My wife is on my ass about getting rid it all, (except the set I now use). I keep telling her she doesn't understand, one day I might need some of it. LOL

I do need to start getting rid of stuff, takes up to much room in the garage. I guess I should learn to sell on Ebay or something, but the hassle of boxing and shipping, getting paid, etc. And from what I can see my "stuff" isn't worth that much anyway. 

Maybe I can donate some of it, but where??

When I was a tyke there was a fellow in my town that had a single car garage that was literally filled. I'm talking 1 aisle down the middle to reach stuff. He sold it at a reasonable price to newbies. He was probably 90 when I went to the garage (age 12 or so and now I'm 30), so I am sure it is no more, but what a sight for a youngster. He might have had 100+ sets and probably played very little, but his dedication to the game was unmatched

• Like 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• 3 weeks later...

I have one set that I play with.

I have a set of '79 Wilson Staff Tour Blades that my late dad bought for me in college, a set of Hogan blades that I bought at Goodwill to mess around with, and a motley set I put together as an experiment. I have a bunch of putters I don't use, and about 26 pieces of Persimmon. One of the putters was given to me 39 years ago by an old friend that recently passed. Several of the putters are examples of classic putters, and a couple I just keep because they are unique. I also have a few other random clubs.

Edited by dbuck
  • Like 1

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I have, at present, 7 sets of irons...having managed to give away 2 in the last year.  One of the sets belonged to my late father and won't be going anywhere.  The others are either interesting (Orlimar 302's, MacGreagor PCB's) or clubs I used at one time (Older Maltby's, Callaway S2H2's, Taylormade rac's).  I also have quite a few fairways, hybrids, wedges, and putters, scattered about the place.  

I did unload a dozen putters, a while back, by donating them to a kid's program at a local executive course.  The rest of the stuff is either unwanted, or unloved,...except by me.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

• billchao changed the title to How Many Sets of Clubs Do You Own?

I really hate to admit this but I have dozens of sets of irons.  I quit the game back in the mid 90's but still would buy iron sets off ebay when there was a set I always wanted but couldn't afford when I played.  Just recently picked up some very nice Wilson Deep Red irons and a Driver, Karsten Ping Zings orange dot, Callway BB gold issue, Louisville forged classic irons, 2 sets of titanium 845's graphite shafts, and just this week a set of Sirixon cb's, I think they are called 701's or something like that.  

I have 3 bags ready to play depending on conditions.  For mostly summer play I use a set of forged Hogan EDGE irons that I sharpened the leading edges on(I really like Hogan irons especially the EDGE series both forged and cast), you know for playing off hard fairways.  The other bags have a set of 845's and a set of Wilson Pi 7 irons.  Drivers and woods etc can be mixed but I like Cleveland drivers and older Titelist I think its a 907 D2 driver that is a cannon even for me.  

Just picking the game back up after like I said not playing for 20+ years and really enjoy it.  I am not nearly as consistent as I used to be but some days I strike the ball pretty decent.  Putting saves me though cause I rarely 3 putt.  Other days I come home and start searching through my iron sets to see what I can come up with to make me better or give me confidence.  Ok thats it.  

I got my game set and then three bags full of an odd assortment of other, mostly older, clubs.

There was the original set of Dunlop DMTs that I bought when I started seven or eight years ago (I can't remember). Then a friend gave me an old set of Spalding Pro Caliber clubs that somebody else thought he may have wanted after their boyfriend moved out and left them. I incorporated the irons into my game set, but left the woods and hybrids out.

Finally, I needed to replace a bag and bought one, clubs included, off Craigslist. From that set I took a Hogan H40 PW to replace a broken club and my TM Burner Bubble 3W. 

Add to that two extra drivers, a Nike Covert and a VRS that both need some work. The VRS was given to me by our friend @Jeremie Boop.

I technically have about 4 or 5 partial sets that have been given to me over the years. Only 2 full sets of irons though, some Mizuno T-Zoid pro irons and my Ping I e1s. I have an almost full set of Titleist lite 100s, just missing an 8 iron. I only play the Mizunos and Pings though.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Titleist AP-1 4-W (gamers)

TaylorMade 200 3-PW

Ping Eye 2 3-PW

Titleist 981 3-PW

Ram TW Grind 3-PW

Wilson X-31 3-PW

Don't tell my wife. 🤐

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Note: This thread is 1674 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!