IGNORED

What Do You Do When You Have a Bad Round?

3Mulligans
Note: This thread is 1709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Please read the OP  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do?

I walk away on 5, 6, 7, 8 all the time. Because slow play, not from playing badly. And some of the time I paid for 18, although twilight. I look at that playing time more as practice.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have quit on a round once.  Not because of bad play but because of the players I was paired with and time constraints.  I was actually playing relatively well to start but as the round went on my focus started to wain.  The threesome I was paired with were playing every hole as if they had money on it, and they did.  Each shot was discussed, bragged about or disputed.  Waiting between every shot became painfully aggravating.  Around 10 or 11, my game started falling apart. At 15, a single golfer asked if he could play through and they said no, so he just skipped the hole.  I would have done the same but I was in a shared cart.  Fortunately on 16, the ranger came up and told them to pick up the pace.  I told him I had to leave as I had time constraints and he took me and my bag back to the clubhouse.  They actually offered a rain check for the last nine after I explained how these guys were playing.  

In any other situation I would never walk off due to bad play.  My suggestion is use the rest of the round as a range session, drop the scorecard and play the clubs that are giving you the most trouble and if you need to reload a couple, then just take an extra here or there.  One or two good shots may get you back on track. You’ve paid for the round already, why not try to salvage something productive out of the round.

A bad round. I will go to the range a couple of days later and see if I can work out the kinks. Then I'll play another round. If the issue continues, I'll call the pro and schedule a lesson. Usually it's not anything big it's just something small I'm doing that's affecting ball flight in a big way.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!