Jump to content
IGNORED

My Swing (Double_AA)


Double_AA
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Administrator
8 hours ago, Double_AA said:

p.s. sorry @iacas this video is refusing to embed for some reason

Embedded first try for me.

https://thesandtrap.com/how-to/embed-videos/

image.png


As for your swing…

  • Less arms.
  • Make your body do more. 🙂
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry for losing my mind there for a minute... happens to the best of us 😁. Anyway back to trusting my pro lol. Working on starting the swing by “grabbing the ground” he advocates feeling like I twist my feet apart to start the downswing. 

I can’t seem to get along with that feeling, but I have made progress by feeling like I rotate my knee out toward the target and around to start the downswing. Looks promising I think, less slide more rotation. Seems easy to time as well the miss is somewhat thin. Only tried this in a net so far. 
 


 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Trying to work on closing my face via a “palm down” type of drill. I had to weaken my grip more toward neutral to make better contact and stop my shots going straight left. To me the face doesn’t look any better at last parallel, but my lower body isn’t stalling nearly as bad so maybe it is?  Tried on the course and was finally able to get my 4 iron to 200-210 yards, so maybe it’s lessening my flip/ delofting some? 
 

 


 

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 1 month later...
  • Moderator
3 hours ago, Double_AA said:

does my legwork look stupid?

 

It’s not terrible. Your back leg seems to not want to move toward the target. My instructor uses the feel of dragging the right leg forward on the downswing. I also like to feel the right foot bank toward the target. It gets the weight to go to the left leg at impact.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, boogielicious said:

It’s not terrible. Your back leg seems to not want to move toward the target. My instructor uses the feel of dragging the right leg forward on the downswing. I also like to feel the right foot bank toward the target. It gets the weight to go to the left leg at impact.

Yeah I agree. This is all in an effort to stop lunging toward the target in the downswing. I can either lunge and get on my left side but flip badly or do what I’m doing above. Essentially throwing my left knee toward the target but I get stuck with weight on my back foot. Kinda at a loss

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
54 minutes ago, Double_AA said:

Yeah I agree. This is all in an effort to stop lunging toward the target in the downswing. I can either lunge and get on my left side but flip badly or do what I’m doing above. Essentially throwing my left knee toward the target but I get stuck with weight on my back foot. Kinda at a loss

I do the Covid Day 5 drill to work on this. Short moderate swings finishing at A8-9.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks I’ll give that a try. Here’s some better videos of the swing currently. 
 

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Working on keeping my right heel down longer during the downswing so my knee doesn’t go toward the ball and crowd my hand path. 
 

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Looks better. I’ve used the drill in this video below to work on this feel as well. I thinks it’s similar to you feel of keeping the right heel down.

 

Yep! I’ve used this one before it helps, thanks I forgot about it! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 2 weeks later...

Okay guys so my pro thinks this pivot looks great, at least the backswing portion. Still lunging on the downswing which I’m having a lot of trouble fixing. In my honest opinion I think this backswing looks like a reverse pivot. He says it’s not and that I just have a large amount of shoulder turn and that it’s great. What do you guys think??

 

 


 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator

1. I am not swing expert by any means…(I’m still working on my grip 🙄)

2. With regards to your question about your turn, I think your turn itself looks ok, but you seem to be standing taller, more erect, at address than I think is typical…not sure if that’s bad or not, but I assume you’re losing power because of it.  I’m sure someone better suited to giving advice will help out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

1. I am not swing expert by any means…(I’m still working on my grip 🙄)

2. With regards to your question about your turn, I think your turn itself looks ok, but you seem to be standing taller, more erect, at address than I think is typical…not sure if that’s bad or not, but I assume you’re losing power because of it.  I’m sure someone better suited to giving advice will help out

Thanks for taking a look, and no worries I’m also still working on my grip. 😂 right hand crept a bit weak. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
11 hours ago, Double_AA said:

Okay guys so my pro thinks this pivot looks great, at least the backswing portion. Still lunging on the downswing which I’m having a lot of trouble fixing. In my honest opinion I think this backswing looks like a reverse pivot. He says it’s not and that I just have a large amount of shoulder turn and that it’s great. What do you guys think??

 

 


 

Agree with @woodzie264 on posture. Check this thread out.

Also, I think your backswing is too long, but again I am not an instructor. Think John Rahm or Tony Finau. You can generate power without reaching too far back. When you reach too far back, your trail elbow can get stuck on your side on the downswing. Then you have to flip to get to the ball.

Do a drill starting with quarter swings with the same setup and backswing. Do 10 reps and post a video of one of them. Then half swings and 3/4 swings. With the 3/4 feel, you will be surprised how far the ball goes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator

You gotta let your arms elevate. They kind of stay down and you get to the top of the backswing by pulling your right elbow behind you and overextending your back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Agree with @woodzie264 on posture. Check this thread out.

Also, I think your backswing is too long, but again I am not an instructor. Think John Rahm or Tony Finau. You can generate power without reaching too far back. When you reach too far back, your trail elbow can get stuck on your side on the downswing. Then you have to flip to get to the ball.

Do a drill starting with quarter swings with the same setup and backswing. Do 10 reps and post a video of one of them. Then half swings and 3/4 swings. With the 3/4 feel, you will be surprised how far the ball goes.

I 100% agree. I did some video the other day feeling like my backswing only reached hip high and in reality it was a full swing or 3/4. The posture in the forum you attached is what I’ve been trying to replicate… maybe I’m still off on that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Let us know how it goes. 
    • Cost and time.   THanks..have to give it a try..just trying to get back into my set without investing $$ for the time being..TY!
    • From yesterday's round. Approach to the green was a little long, and my ball was sitting on the back fringe. Large pile of coyote shit between the hole and my ball. The putt was right to left breaking so luckily my line was maybe 2-3 feet to the right of the turd, and there wasn't much chance of rolling into it, unless I hit a terribly offline putt, or got unlucky with a deflection off a bump in the fringe (which is quite beat up where my ball came to rest).
    • You're not supposed to change your vote. 😛 The problem with that is that the "shotgun pattern" doesn't account for the putts that go in. Yes, the distributions of both get larger. Bobby should have studied probability more. A putt going toward the hole, if mis-directed, can go left or right. Both result in a miss. A putt that is missing the hole, if mis-directed, can go left or right. One may result in a make, the other is still a miss. Bumps (if large enough to deflect the ball a little over an inch or so, and if close enough to the hole for a miss to become a make) have a negative outcome 100% of the time when the ball is going in, and a positive outcome 50% of the time when the ball is going to miss. Or to put it in absolute terms, every bump on a ball that would be going in the middle has a negative outcome - it steers the ball farther away from the center of the hole, and every bump that steers the ball on a putt that's missing has a 50% chance of "helping" by steering it in the right direction. Nope. You can join Bobby Jones in the statistics/probability class. 🙂 These bumps aren't knocking the ball feet farther away. They're not tees randomly stuck in the ground. They're just bumps on a putting green. That's the kind of road you can lead yourself down when you don't just look at it logically. 😄 To the majority of you getting this one wrong… Let's make an extreme example. You have one putter that makes 80% of his putts, and another that makes 50%. The gap is 30% or 0.3 strokes (1.2 versus 1.5). You introduce enough randomness that 25% of the putts that were going to go in miss and 5% of the putts that were going to miss go in. The gap is now: 0.8 * .75 + 0.2 * .05 = 61%. 0.5 * .75 + 0.5 * .05 = 40% What was a 30% gap is now a 19% gap. The gap narrows. The good putter is punished, even though he's punished at the same "rates" as the bad putter, at a higher "value" because he hits more putts that would have gone in, while the bad putter hits more putts that could potentially only be directed in. To put it another way, there's a larger possible "negative" adjustment or change for the good putter and a larger possible "positive" adjustment or change for the bad putter. This is true in pretty much* all cases: the more luck plays a role, the less skill plays a role. * I'm a "never say never or always" kinda guy. I can't think of a time when an increase in randomness or luck also increases or at least doesn't reduce skill, but again… see the first sentence here in this asterisk.
    • Why? On 40 foot putts, they both don’t have much of a chance.  It’s the putts inside 15 feet that have the highest Separation Value.  So if a great putter makes 5 of 10 putts at 8 feet (tour average) on tour greens and he missed 1 or 2 more on crappy greens, his percentage changes more. The bad putter is missing more of those anyway, even on good greens.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. AmirReza
      AmirReza
      (34 years old)
    2. BushwoodCC
      BushwoodCC
      (55 years old)
    3. cozelos
      cozelos
      (36 years old)
    4. RollingStoppie
      RollingStoppie
      (52 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...