IGNORED

My Swing (Double_AA)

Double_AA

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Almost all good players "slide" forward.

Rory is 4" forward of where he set up before left arm parallel in the downswing here.

Yes! I agree 100%. That’s where I want to be. When we started this morning I was probably going a foot or more forward. Then I would do this weird bail out cast/flip move to hit the ball. My weight was also getting on the outside of my left foot on my follow through. 

I think the goal is to get like you said around 4” so my weight is over the left leg and I can post up on it, but not past  or on the outside of the leg. 

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 9
3-Wood: Titleist 917F2 16.5 
Irons: Titleist AP3 4-Pw

Wedges: 48,52,56 Titleist vokey
Putter: Scotty Select Newport 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

FWIW Rory is more than 4” forward. That’s before A5.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...

Working to remove the sway on the backswing. Moved away from stopping the forward sway on downswing. I’ve been here before lol. I have to wonder… could that wide open club face be the main culprit to my problems.  Every pro I’ve worked with attacks this sway issue, which I agree is a problem but it doesn’t do much to stop my casting. 

• Administrator

I'd fix the setup and your left hand grip (it's quite weak, probably palmy). Then consider why your trail elbow gets so trapped back behind your right side.

In other words… fix the setup first, then the backswing. The downswing is largely a reaction to the setup/backswing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 months later...

Been working on the swing all winter with the same pro. We had me hitting the ball really good but all the sudden I’ve started getting steep again. 

Whenever it try to fix this inside takeaway and hinge earlier I just slice it or have poor contact. Any ideas why? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Double_AA said:

Been working on the swing all winter with the same pro. We had me hitting the ball really good but all the sudden I’ve started getting steep again. 

Whenever it try to fix this inside takeaway and hinge earlier I just slice it or have poor contact. Any ideas why? 

I mean… you didn't show us the "fixed inside takeaway and hinge earlier" swing that results in a slice or poor contact, so… this is a good question for your instructor, right?

That swing looks fine (certainly for a 16!). I'd still fix the setup a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

I mean… you didn't show us the "fixed inside takeaway and hinge earlier" swing that results in a slice or poor contact, so… this is a good question for your instructor, right?

That swing looks fine (certainly for a 16!). I'd still fix the setup a bit.

Yeah I’ll have to get a video of myself trying to do it. We’ve tried to address it a couple times but swinging this way just works better for some reason until I start getting really steep. My driver can go sideways really quick. 

Thanks! I put in a ton of work this winter.What are you seeing in the setup? Does the grip still look weak?

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Double_AA said:

What are you seeing in the setup? Does the grip still look weak?

You're possibly back on your heels a bit, with the grip a bit higher up in the palm on the pinkie side than I generally like to see.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

You're possibly back on your heels a bit, with the grip a bit higher up in the palm on the pinkie side than I generally like to see.

Thanks! I’ll give it a try. Being back on my heels seems like it may contribute to getting an inside takeaway & steep downswing. 

(edited)

Went down and played Berkeley hall this past weekend and swing went right out the window. Carded a 95 and 98 thanks to good chipping and putting. I think I was starting to sway in my downswing again and get OTT, so I came home and worked on the right foot back drill. Im hitting the ball really good using the feel from this drill, but the swing feels kind of wristy/ flicked at impact. Not sure if I should keep doing the drill even though it’s helping contact and direction.

Ps: waiting to get back in with my instructor he was satisfied with my swing so we took a break. Lasted 3 weeks and I became a head case again lol  

Edited by Double_AA
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

What’s the biggest problem you see with this impact position? 

What I think looks bad is wrists/ lack of shaft lean ? 

D2CF9732-58B8-4466-8983-02C97D96C59D.png

• Administrator

Grip is weak.

Tried getting a bit more in the fingers with the left hand. Looks better more shallow less flip. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

practicing impact 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Hey hey mr steep over the top is back. Had to kick driver out of the bag for now. Getting so steep that I manage to top every 5 or so. Have to get this fixed for good. 

Thoughts on a flatter backswing? I assumed it was dumb, but this doesn’t look bad… Almost looks like it shallows on the DTL? 

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Double_AA said:

Thoughts on a flatter backswing?

My thoughts are still pretty similar to what I said before…

On 1/16/2022 at 8:02 PM, iacas said:

I'd fix the setup and your left hand grip (it's quite weak, probably palmy). Then consider why your trail elbow gets so trapped back behind your right side.

Pause the swing at impact, @Double_AA, and tell me if you like that position?

(If you can see it given you're the size of an ant in your video, ha ha ha 🤣.)

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, iacas said:

My thoughts are still pretty similar to what I said before…

Pause the swing at impact, @Double_AA, and tell me if you like that position?

(If you can see it given you're the size of an ant in your video, ha ha ha 🤣.)

@iacasUnderstood 😞 I’ll get back to grinding the shallowing move. I strike the ball well when it’s working but the steepness always creeps back in. Regardless I’m kicking driver out for a while to see what it does to my scores. My next club is a 5W and it’s goes 230-240 with MUCH less dispersion.