p.s. sorry @iacas this video is refusing to embed for some reason

Embedded first try for me.

https://thesandtrap.com/how-to/embed-videos/

image.png

As for your swing…

• Less arms.
  • Make your body do more. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry for losing my mind there for a minute... happens to the best of us 😁. Anyway back to trusting my pro lol. Working on starting the swing by “grabbing the ground” he advocates feeling like I twist my feet apart to start the downswing. 

I can’t seem to get along with that feeling, but I have made progress by feeling like I rotate my knee out toward the target and around to start the downswing. Looks promising I think, less slide more rotation. Seems easy to time as well the miss is somewhat thin. Only tried this in a net so far. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 9
3-Wood: Titleist 917F2 16.5 
Irons: Titleist AP3 4-Pw

Wedges: 48,52,56 Titleist vokey
Putter: Scotty Select Newport 

More foot flare!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Trying to work on closing my face via a “palm down” type of drill. I had to weaken my grip more toward neutral to make better contact and stop my shots going straight left. To me the face doesn’t look any better at last parallel, but my lower body isn’t stalling nearly as bad so maybe it is?  Tried on the course and was finally able to get my 4 iron to 200-210 yards, so maybe it’s lessening my flip/ delofting some? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

does my legwork look stupid?

3 hours ago, Double_AA said:

does my legwork look stupid?

It’s not terrible. Your back leg seems to not want to move toward the target. My instructor uses the feel of dragging the right leg forward on the downswing. I also like to feel the right foot bank toward the target. It gets the weight to go to the left leg at impact.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

13 hours ago, boogielicious said:

It’s not terrible. Your back leg seems to not want to move toward the target. My instructor uses the feel of dragging the right leg forward on the downswing. I also like to feel the right foot bank toward the target. It gets the weight to go to the left leg at impact.

Yeah I agree. This is all in an effort to stop lunging toward the target in the downswing. I can either lunge and get on my left side but flip badly or do what I’m doing above. Essentially throwing my left knee toward the target but I get stuck with weight on my back foot. Kinda at a loss

54 minutes ago, Double_AA said:

Yeah I agree. This is all in an effort to stop lunging toward the target in the downswing. I can either lunge and get on my left side but flip badly or do what I’m doing above. Essentially throwing my left knee toward the target but I get stuck with weight on my back foot. Kinda at a loss

I do the Covid Day 5 drill to work on this. Short moderate swings finishing at A8-9.

• Like 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Thanks I’ll give that a try. Here’s some better videos of the swing currently. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Working on keeping my right heel down longer during the downswing so my knee doesn’t go toward the ball and crowd my hand path. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks better. I’ve used the drill in this video below to work on this feel as well. I thinks it’s similar to you feel of keeping the right heel down.

Scott

My Swing Thread

6 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Looks better. I’ve used the drill in this video below to work on this feel as well. I thinks it’s similar to you feel of keeping the right heel down.

Yep! I’ve used this one before it helps, thanks I forgot about it! 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys so my pro thinks this pivot looks great, at least the backswing portion. Still lunging on the downswing which I’m having a lot of trouble fixing. In my honest opinion I think this backswing looks like a reverse pivot. He says it’s not and that I just have a large amount of shoulder turn and that it’s great. What do you guys think??

• Thumbs Up 1

1. I am not swing expert by any means…(I’m still working on my grip 🙄)

2. With regards to your question about your turn, I think your turn itself looks ok, but you seem to be standing taller, more erect, at address than I think is typical…not sure if that’s bad or not, but I assume you’re losing power because of it.  I’m sure someone better suited to giving advice will help out

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

13 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

1. I am not swing expert by any means…(I’m still working on my grip 🙄)

2. With regards to your question about your turn, I think your turn itself looks ok, but you seem to be standing taller, more erect, at address than I think is typical…not sure if that’s bad or not, but I assume you’re losing power because of it.  I’m sure someone better suited to giving advice will help out

Thanks for taking a look, and no worries I’m also still working on my grip. 😂 right hand crept a bit weak. 

11 hours ago, Double_AA said:

Okay guys so my pro thinks this pivot looks great, at least the backswing portion. Still lunging on the downswing which I’m having a lot of trouble fixing. In my honest opinion I think this backswing looks like a reverse pivot. He says it’s not and that I just have a large amount of shoulder turn and that it’s great. What do you guys think??

Agree with @woodzie264 on posture. Check this thread out.

Also, I think your backswing is too long, but again I am not an instructor. Think John Rahm or Tony Finau. You can generate power without reaching too far back. When you reach too far back, your trail elbow can get stuck on your side on the downswing. Then you have to flip to get to the ball.

Do a drill starting with quarter swings with the same setup and backswing. Do 10 reps and post a video of one of them. Then half swings and 3/4 swings. With the 3/4 feel, you will be surprised how far the ball goes.

• Like 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

You gotta let your arms elevate. They kind of stay down and you get to the top of the backswing by pulling your right elbow behind you and overextending your back.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Agree with @woodzie264 on posture. Check this thread out.

Also, I think your backswing is too long, but again I am not an instructor. Think John Rahm or Tony Finau. You can generate power without reaching too far back. When you reach too far back, your trail elbow can get stuck on your side on the downswing. Then you have to flip to get to the ball.

Do a drill starting with quarter swings with the same setup and backswing. Do 10 reps and post a video of one of them. Then half swings and 3/4 swings. With the 3/4 feel, you will be surprised how far the ball goes.

I 100% agree. I did some video the other day feeling like my backswing only reached hip high and in reality it was a full swing or 3/4. The posture in the forum you attached is what I’ve been trying to replicate… maybe I’m still off on that.