IGNORED

Bryson Takes 2:15 to Miss an Eight Foot Putt

iacas
Note: This thread is 1670 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
usatsi_13192510-e1565555807361.jpg?w=640

JERSEY CITY, N.J. — The real showdown at Liberty National on Sunday came three hours before the leaders teed off, and involved the most compelling meeting of scientist and silverback since Gorillas…

sawgrass-847-stanbadz.jpg

JERSEY CITY, N.J. -- Recent incidents about pace of play have led the PGA TOUR to take a deeper look at its policy on the issue, and ShotLink technology could provide an answer. The TOUR’s current pace-of-play...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, Patch said:

Slow play, unless the game is totally changed from what we have now, will always be a part of every level of golf. 

Nonsense. And even if that were so, it doesn't make it OK.

If it is penalised and recognised for what it is  - an unnecessary and unattractive blight on the game - at least it can be removed from the game at the highest level.

If they can penalise a 14 year old amateur in The Masters for slow play they sure as hell can do something about de Chambeau and his like.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, iacas said:
usatsi_13192510-e1565555807361.jpg?w=640

JERSEY CITY, N.J. — The real showdown at Liberty National on Sunday came three hours before...

sawgrass-847-stanbadz.jpg

JERSEY CITY, N.J. -- Recent incidents about pace of play have led the PGA TOUR to take a...

Classic. BD tells Koepka’s caddie to have Koepka ‘say it to his face’....lol. The irony is hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 hours ago, Patch said:

Maybe put habitual slow players at the later starting times, and the faster players taking the early starting times. I mean the pro ranks are full of statistics, It would be nothing to add a "speed of play" stat, use that stat to place player in their appropriate starting time. Then on Sundays let the leaders still go last for TV coverage like always.

I have been saying this same thing to my buddies, almost posted it yesterday. Totally agree. Slow players, once determined, should be grouped together for round one two and three. At the very least they get a taste of their own medicine, directly from the Karma Kafe where you are served exactly what you deserve. The slow groups would go out last. I’m sure their sponsors would not be happy losing out on all that free exposure. Once they get enough pressure from their sponsors, they’ll speed up. When TV has run past it’s allotted  time with them still on the course, things will change. As you state Sunday’s would progress as the currently do. 

I love the idea of telling Brooks f***ing Koepka to say something to your face, as if that would intimidate him. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

10 minutes ago, jamo said:

I love the idea of telling Brooks f***ing Koepka to say something to your face, as if that would intimidate him. 

I’m guessing that Koepka might teach BD a thing or two about the physics involved in the transfer of kinetic energy...

:-D

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

I’m guessing that Koepka might teach BD a thing or two about the physics involved in the transfer of kinetic energy...

:-D

I would PPV to see that one!!!

• Upvote 1

Colin P.

2 hours ago, jamo said:

I went through the thread and see the reactions that BD had to Brooks ... but I can't find what Brooks actually said to prompt BD's "say it to my face" comment.  What did Koepka say?

For what it's worth (admittedly, nothing ;)) I rarely watch golf on TV anymore outside of maybe the Masters or US Open.  (not because of slow play however)

4 hours ago, leftybutnotPM said:

Nonsense. And even if that were so, it doesn't make it OK.

If it is penalised and recognised for what it is  - an unnecessary and unattractive blight on the game - at least it can be removed from the game at the highest level.

Yeah, and I'll echo this a bit.  My club got a new president two and a half years ago and he ushered in some new rules for tournaments related to pace of play.  With a total of one penalty being given out over two years ago, we went from 6-7 hour rounds in our events to 4.5 for the slowest groups.  I realize we don't play for quite the same purses the PGA Tour players do, but that organization could fix it if they wanted to.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

17 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

I went through the thread and see the reactions that BD had to Brooks ... but I can't find what Brooks actually said to prompt BD's "say it to my face" comment.  What did Koepka say?

For what it's worth (admittedly, nothing ;)) I rarely watch golf on TV anymore outside of maybe the Masters or US Open.  (not because of slow play however)

Brooks mentioned him once I think in Dubai. Brooks has since made several comments regarding slow play and as Brooks believes, BD thinks he’s always referring to him. 

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Brooks mentioned him once I think in Dubai. Brooks has since made several comments regarding slow play and as Brooks believes, BD thinks he’s always referring to him. 

And he may very well be most of the time… 😉

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

17 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I think he (Koepka) had some comments about J.B. Holmes when they were paired recently, IIRC.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

I find this topic really interesting. I have nothing particularly against either BDC or Brooks. I actually think both guys are good for the game. 

Having said that BDC SHOULD have been penalized. The rule does says 40 seconds, right? (Unless perhaps BDC was searching for his ball? He gets 3 minutes to do that, right? I mean, are we sure he wasn't searching for his ball? I mean it was right there on the green, but maybe he couldn't see it? You know, cuz of the barometric pressure and the dew point and the humidity front that may have been rolling in? The shadows, the light, whatever?) 

This may not be a perfect analogy, but the NBA has a 24 second shot clock. It's not a "24 second shot clock unless it's a really difficult shot, with a lot riding on it". 

From my point of view, allowing players to take 2 plus minutes, just reinforces those PGA tour wannabes on the local municipal to spend forever on the green plumb-bobbing, checking barometric pressure and whatever while the group behind them waits in the fairway. 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

21 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I hate slow play as much as the next guy, but I can’t agree with the idea of hitting players with penalty strokes. Maybe it’s because I was a player once, but I envision these horrible trickle-down effects. Say there’s a player who barely squeezes into the top 125 of the final FedEx Cup points standings because he made a couple of thousand dollars more at a tournament than the player right behind him on the list. Imagine if he’d been hit with a one-stroke penalty at a key moment because he was two seconds over his time. Say the penalty cost him $5,000. Suddenly he’s so far down the FedEx Cup point list he doesn’t have a place to play the following year, which in turn might mean his kid can’t go to college, or he can’t put a down payment on that decent house. Or worse. Basically it means you’ve drastically affected the guy’s life with the click of a stopwatch. I’m all for looking at fine structures, maybe increasing them. But determining his fate with a stopwatch to me is a little harsh.

Slugger White.

Does this guy not ever watch golf? ‘ A little harsh?’ That same example gave could be used for countless other penalties.  Is it harsh that the player’s fate was determined because he accidentally marked his ball 2” closer than its true position? Is it harsh because his fate was sealed when he left a sticker on his iron face that he hasn’t even used? They just don’t have any balls to enforce this. What a shame. 

My problem with this whine is every professional sport has people on the bubble. So, will the NFL not call holding on the right guard because he may get cut if he gets another penalty? Does MLB not call a pitcher for a balk because he may get sent down? NHL players has too many roughing penalties this year and may get send back to the AHL, so the refs should let him just play.

This is all bull. Two stroke penalty is the only fair way. 

And Mr. Wannabee Physicist, PLAY FASTER!!! TIME IS A VARIABLE TOO!

This is what happens when amateurs try to be scientists.:-P

• Like 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I think this Bryson DeChambeau character is a complete {expletive}... 😡

PGA Golf is filmed live for TV networks, and his idiotic slow play causes the game to run over, which causes the TV network to run over, and it all snowballs from there.

If I was a touring pro, paired with this clown, and he was on the green, analyzing every square inch of Bermuda grass, dawdling around, delaying and delaying.... I would casually walk off the course, and go buy my caddie and myself a cold beer from the beer cart.  I'd walk back to my caddy, hand him the beer, and the two of us would STILL be watching this {expletive} analyze his upcoming putt!!! 😈

:cobra: --- older model 454 Comp, 10.5° face, reg shaft.
:ping: --- old, classic set of i3+ irons, 3W, 5W, 21° Hybrid, etc...
:odyssey:--- an old DF550 blade putter that I just can't part with!
:titleist: --- NXT Tour, DT Tru Soft, and a few prized Pro-V1's 

So in all seriousness, what happens if you leave the guy on the green and go to the next hole? What if it's Thursday or Friday and BOTH of the other guys leave him on the green? Then he's the one who isn't keeping up, that'd be hilarious.

Edited by colin007
Spelling

Colin P.

BCD is losing me.  I like the idea of knowing the physics.  We have that right here in this website - the true understanding of what goes into the game and how to use it.  He came into the pros with that attitude, though very weird about it, I liked it.

But it doesn't take that long.  It doesn't have to.  Funny thing about controlling variables - you control the ones that have the biggest input.  If you get too stuck in the weeds, you start trying to control things that don't have any measurable effect.  Pace of play MUST be something he has to put into his process. 

That goes for a lot of players.

13 minutes ago, colin007 said:

So in all seriousness, what happens if you leave the guy on the green and go to the next hole? What if it's Thursday or Friday and BOTH of the other guys leave him on the green? Then he's the one who isn't keeping up, that'd be hilarious.

I really like this a lot.  "Sorry, but we need to play through"

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 1670 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!