IGNORED

Bryson Takes 2:15 to Miss an Eight Foot Putt

iacas
Note: This thread is 1701 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Hey it’s all good. Certainly no reason to have to agree on his being a db which I remain to feel until shown otherwise.

Funny.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I'm pretty sure he had the issue with the putter too. But I could be mistaken. It doesn't really matter. My point was not Kevin Na specifically. I was just saying when somebody has "the yips" it's hard to watch, but we feel sorry for him. With BCD's OCD (another metal hang up) we call him douchebag. 

@Vinsk replied to the majority of that (not the douchebag part) pretty well:

25 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Na also admitted he’s slow and worked to improve it. Sergio quit re-gripping. BD tried to say it was other people’s fault that he was moving slow, that everyone has it wrong and needs to check the math. Also, aside from the OCD stuff he and Holmes also don’t prepare in time. They wait for their turn before starting their ridiculous pre-shot routines. That has nothing to do with OCD.

He's not admitting a problem.

And I don't care that it's "legal" now. It's not right to make your playing partners stand there for 2:20 while you survey a putt. Admit the problem. Get help.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's not right to make your playing partners stand there for 2:20 while you survey a putt. Admit the problem. Get help.

100% Agree

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Nobody I can remember called Kevin Na a douchebag. Nobody said he should be killed.

Eh, I may have. Not sure, but possible.

• Like 1

Colin P.

Bryson is just the epitome of slow players in all this. Instead of admitting that 2:15 is too slow for a shot, he claims he's not slow and blames other people for being slow. And he just spouts a bunch of bullshit. This is frequently what happens when you tell people that they're slow. There are very few people that will accept it and try to get better.

Fun experiment on this stuff: just time 40 seconds at some point. It feels like forever. Just play faster.

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

21 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Yes I have several people in my family as well as friends who have various levels of OCD. Most people actually have some degree of it although minor most the time. The difference is people with OCD don’t try to convince others what they’re doing is necessary. They don’t blame other people and attempt to justify their actions. They are aware of their idiosyncratic behavior(s.) Many are able to treat or at least control their behavior.

I have had pretty bad OCD for 40 years.  But it never surfaces on the golf course.

15 minutes ago, Zekez said:

I have had pretty bad OCD for 40 years. 

Judging by the desk I'm sitting at, It looks like I have no OCD at all! 

Is there something opposite of OCD...  DCO perhaps?

20 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Judging by the desk I'm sitting at, It looks like I have no OCD at all! 

Is there something opposite of OCD...  DCO perhaps?

Office desk hoarder?😃

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Office desk hoarder?😃

So, instead of OCD it's ODH.....

Or maybe just good old fashion slob?

There are many forms of OCD, and those with a compulsion to keep things neat and ordered are only one part. In fact, people with OCD might be overrepresented in the category of those living in a mess and being unable to organize their daily space, because of the OCD.

But we are side-tracking.

Edited by Zeph
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I just don’t remember BD doing all this during the NCAA tournaments. Did he? Well he’s recently said he’s gonna try to improve so this may be interesting. Maybe after the PC discussion they had on the putting green Brooks gave him a more ‘encouraging’ talk on the side. Lol.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I could not even watch the entire OP clip.  Had to skip ahead a couple times...brutal.  

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

This has probably been mentioned before, but the evidence of Holmes and DeChambeau is clearly out there on videotape you can show them here's exactly what you're doing along with a stopwatch and they still deny. It's like your dashcam captured a guy running a red light, clearly, and you show that guy the video footage, he still denies he ran the red.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 8/12/2019 at 9:59 AM, DaveP043 said:

Over 2 minutes is certainly excessive, but do we really know if it SHOULD have been a penalty?  I wasn't watching, so I don't know the answers, but was his group on the clock?  If they were, was BDC given a warning after exceeding the allotted time once?

The commentator on the original video did say "and you wonder why they were put on the clock on the 10th hole." So there was that.  I don't know if a warning was given but if the rules say you get a warning after being put on the clock, then the rule needs to change.  Putting a player on the clock should act as the warning and if the rule is 30-40 seconds to hit a shot, no grown adult should bitch if they're given a penalty after 2 minutes whether they were given a warning or not.

I don't want to unjustly punish players but at the same time, I expect them to take responsibility for their actions which is something BDC is frequently unwilling to do. He has a very common behavior: dance around the edge of rule-breaking, complain/blame others when he's held to account, capitulate and apologize after he gets push-back from the people around him/social media.  Remember that funky putter he tried to use last year? 

• Like 1

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

I also consider it as protecting the field. Lets say Bryson is in the middle of the pack. Is it fair that the half the field has to play out of pace while maybe the top half of the field gets to play at a more reasonable pace?

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Bryson spoke on ‘Out of Bounds’ radio with Pat Perez and Michael Collins. Sucks I missed it. I heard the first few minutes...did anybody catch this?

I didn't but he also called into Barstool Sports and they have the audio here:

• Thumbs Up 1

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

I'm playing a drinking game where he says "and then my caddy pulled me away from that putt"

Ouch, and he threw JB Holmes under the bus too.

(to be fair, JB Holmes is so slow, that a bus going 10mph would hit him because he can't move fast enough)

Edited by imsys0042
  • Like 1

—Adam

Note: This thread is 1701 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!