IGNORED

Indoor Putting Practice Set-Up

Note: This thread is 1552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey Juan.  Just wondering where you are on this putting journey.  The book has been very helpful, by the way.  Also, I had no idea how difficult it was going to be to go from 1 degree of rotation change to .1 degree of rotation change.  Using the blast also, but man that is a lot of work! 

I am continuing on my journey....   For Christmas I got a 13 foot Wellputt putting carpet... I have it in my garage, and am practicing hitting into a Putt-out to work on my distance control and line.    I will be taking my rulers and Blast  Motion out to the garage for practice now that the Holiday season is over.   Blessed to have a 3 car garage so some of the bays/areas is just for my golf practice. So the journey continues. 

Making changes to one's putting stroke is not as easy as people think nor is being a good putter.  The average PGA touring pro spends 7-10 hours a week practicing PUTTING!!  And these guys are already good.  People just do not realize how much work it takes to be "great on the greens!"  I hope you are enjoying your journey, though I know it can be maddening at times.  However, once you make and sustain this improvement.... your performance on the greens should improve as well as your confidence.

BTW, Cameron McCormick works with his players to get about a average of .5 (open or closed) at impact, so when you get there you are doing GREAT.  Cheering you on from Florida.

Also, I am out on the range working on my full swing a lot, just have stopped participating in the 5 Minutes a Day practice thread, since I found it time consuming, and boring for me. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, JuanTheGolfer said:

13 foot Wellputt putting carpet

I might get one of these. I have been looking for this, but did not know who made them. Thanks. Did you get the black or green version?

PS, I got you book and tried the assessment. I had some trouble finding a long enough surface on the practice area at my old home course. Just moved so maybe I can get the space I need at the new club.

1 hour ago, Carl3 said:

I might get one of these. I have been looking for this, but did not know who made them. Thanks. Did you get the black or green version?

PS, I got you book and tried the assessment. I had some trouble finding a long enough surface on the practice area at my old home course. Just moved so maybe I can get the space I need at the new club.

Good luck with your new obsession.  I am now 4800 putts into a 10,000 putt odyssey to get better.  I also use the Blast Motion swing analyzer and a wellputt mat.  Juan is absolutely correct..changing your putting stroke is difficult and time consuming.  I know that, in order to improve to the level that I want, that it is a necessary change.  I am willing to spend the time and energy to see just how good I can get.  Besides..it is fun...a little aggravating sometimes, but fun.

4 hours ago, Carl3 said:

I got the 13 foot green one... listed as 2020 in their website.   Green just seemed more natural for me.

One challenge with the 13 foot one, is that it is 13 feet, so my garage has a little slope to the concrete surface... so were it is laying right now.  to make a putt the length of the mat, I have about a 3-4 inch right to left break!!!  Other than that the mat itself is great.  

Send me a PM on how the assessment goes if you would like... and we can message back and forth about it.

20 hours ago, JuanTheGolfer said:

I got the 13 foot green one... listed as 2020 in their website.   Green just seemed more natural for me.

One challenge with the 13 foot one, is that it is 13 feet, so my garage has a little slope to the concrete surface... so were it is laying right now.  to make a putt the length of the mat, I have about a 3-4 inch right to left break!!!  Other than that the mat itself is great.  

Send me a PM on how the assessment goes if you would like... and we can message back and forth about it.

LOL, I just moved from central Ohio to 15 miles south of Buffalo, NY. Went from a 7 month golf season to a 6 month season. Trying to come up with a nice indoor practice area in the basement.

Note: This thread is 1552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!